Funny phone calls

• June 2, 2005 7:23 AM BST
    Yesterday while still in the office a lady called me from the ministry of agriculture and forestry. According to her I had paid them 100€ by mistake and they wished to send it back to me. The sum sounded familiar...my tax money must have landed somehow on a wrong governmental account. I mailed her my account number and today I saw her answer and good summer wishes.
    This morning at 4.45 my phone woke me up. There was an unknown man to my phone and to me: "Good morning Laura, do you think I´m shameless to wake you up this way? But it excites me enermously.." I murmured: "Yes, you are shameless...and I go now back to sleep". He said something about calling again later on but I closed the phone without any hint about his identity.
    I have not given my phone number to strangers, he must have done some detective work. Probably one of the guys I have been chatting with in chat rooms.

Laura
  • June 2, 2005 7:11 PM BST
    Hi Laura,

For unwanted calls:

I have caller ID and Anonymous Call rejection on my phones. It prevents someone from calling me without also recording their number in the phone(s). If they suppress their phone #, it simply tells them that the number they called does not accept Anonymous calls.

I don't know if your telco offers it, but as a single gal, you may want to check on it's availability.

By the way - I've been following your postings for some time. Thank you very much for sharing your experiences in transitioning, as well as how you are doing in your new life. I have to admit to being somewhat envious of you. Being older, I had decided that transitioning was not an option, but now perhaps.....

Again thanks!!!!!

MIchelle Lynn
  • June 2, 2005 8:37 PM BST
    Laura,

If it starts to become a regular thing make sure you tell you telecomms company immediately. In UK BT,for example, will trace all calls to your number in the investigation of obscene and threatening callers. That way they can prosecute if necessary. They will also change your number free of charge and make sure you are ex-directory.

Worth looking into if it continues.

Alex
    xxx
  • June 3, 2005 5:45 AM BST
    Michelle

Transitioning makes you younger. No kidding. I have stated that not only in my own case but also in other cases I know. I´m not sure if it´s the hormones or the spirit set free from its prison...or both. My collegues say that I turned 10 years younger and some talk even about 20 years...
    And I FEEL better than ever before in my life, that must also reflect to the outside.

Laura
  • June 5, 2005 2:04 AM BST
    Laura,

I actually didn't know that transitioning had a youth effect. Interesting.....

If you don't mind being teased a little - Perhaps your posts in the thread "My Wild Life" also have something to do with it? Just kidding.

Take care,
    Michelle Lynn xoxoxo