New tactics

• June 7, 2005 11:30 AM BST
    I have been far too easy to get. Now that is going to change. i have told to all my new dates that it is no use to imagine any adventure (= sex) at the first date. One guy already councelled our meeting on behalf of job problems (haha). It is only good that those only after sex will be dropped out. I have not been a woman long, but I have already learned that men don´t appreciate women too easy to get. They don´t want their girl friends to be that way. So, the surest way to spoil the beginning relationship is to rush into the bed with the guy.
    I have a date tomorrow with a symphatetic guy who seemed actually reliefed when I told him tomorrow is just for a cup of coffee in the cafe and getting acquainted. Nothing more. He said he fully agrees, so there is no pressure from either side to have more.

I´m learning...but as you see I must go through all the phases of women. I just left behind my teenage.

Laura
    • 2463 posts
    June 7, 2005 3:19 PM BST
    All right, let me weigh in here for a moment...

Yes, once many guys get sex they're gone. After all, to them the woman is just another conquest and something to brag about.

But there are a lot of guys out there who are willing to respect a woman's wishes when it comes to intimacy. I'll mention this now - the first night me and my future wife were really getting physically intimate she stopped at one point and thought we should wait before going all the way. I respected that, and not just because I was waiting her out. I wanted her to be comfortable with it. Yes, we did finally sleep together the next night, but it was because she was ready and not because I pressured her. Plus, I have been on plenty of dates where the woman made it clear she wanted to get acquainted first before ANYTHING, including kissing. We still wound up having a pleasant evening.

The point is meeting the person with respect, and that is easier said than done.

Oh, before anyone thinks I'm portraying myself as a saint, I'm not. I've had plenty of experiences where I jumped into the sack with someone the same night I met her. It was consensual, and quite often pursued by her first. Yeah, I just went kicking and screaming, didn't I?