Farewell to the system

• June 14, 2005 2:14 PM BST
    Today I had my last visit in the Womens Hospital at the gynecologist and the endocrinologist. My breasts and downstairs were checked and everything was just fine. I got my prescriptions for one year on. From now on I´m finally out of the governmental ts-treatment-system, among regular women. After one year I get my prescriptions renewed at the closest health center and if I need a gynecologist I visit one. Just as any woman.
    My dropping out of the system started in December by the change of my id-code and saying good bye to the shrinks, continued by the closing of the voice therapy in May and this was the last step. A reason to celebrate, I guess.

Laura
    • 1198 posts
    June 14, 2005 3:38 PM BST
    What more can be said Laura, congrats hun. Its been long and hard but you doneit, hope you enjoy all that comes with it....not that you haven't all ready.......hugz Julie xx
    • 374 posts
    June 15, 2005 10:03 AM BST
    Congrats Laura,

It has been a long and difficult journey for you. I'm glad to see that you are now enjoying the end result...being the woman you always knew you were. All the best hon

hugs & kisses

Monika
    • 588 posts
    June 15, 2005 2:44 PM BST
    I have only been here since four months, but I'm glad you were here when I found this place.

• June 21, 2005 1:19 PM BST
    You really have to believe in yourself to get through the whole sawmill. In the first phase, lasting for 6 to 10 months the don´t tell you where you are. Not a hint if you get the diagnosis or not. That is a torture. I have now critisized the system through our patient organization, it must be changed into more human. The patient must have the right to know where he or she stands and what can be expected and when. With all other diseases this right is clear, so why not in our case?

Laura
  • June 22, 2005 1:06 AM BST
  • June 22, 2005 1:08 AM BST
    Hi Laura,

Congrats!!! I always look forward to your postings. They are kind of a roadmap to us girls in waiting. Thanks for sharing a very personal journey. I hope you continue to post how you are doing in your new life.

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn
  • June 14, 2005 2:30 PM BST
    Well done Laura. It's been a pleasure and a privilege to follow you through your journey. Hope this doesn't mean you'll be leaving us behind as well ..?

Cerys xx
    • 530 posts
    June 22, 2005 3:35 PM BST
    Congratulations.
    I hope to be raising my own glass later this year, having fought my own battle with our ******* system. It's been six years for me since I first approached anyone. A very very long six years. And it has been confirmed I will have finished with them before Christmas.
    So well done for persevering, and no doubt we both hope that our experiences are not repeated as more pressure is brought upon the authorities to sort out the mess both systems are in.
    Big Hugs,
    Sue