Another new girl (am I?)

• June 15, 2005 12:27 PM BST
    Hello girls, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm June and I've dressed since I turned 14 but only came out of the closet last year. Since that time I've met several other girls socially in southern England. Although my wife told me that she had known I was a tv for several years our marriage hit a bad spot and we parted earlier this year. I'm now living with my tv girlfriend as a couple in Oxford. Being able to dress most of the time is marvellous and it makes June a very happy girl.
    Hope to chat with some of you as time passes. Love to all, June
  • June 15, 2005 6:41 PM BST
    Thanks for the welcome. It's nice to be made welcome and I hope to be an active member of the TW community.
    • 614 posts
    June 15, 2005 11:02 PM BST
    hi june and welcome to tweb , im a local girl to you so feel free to email if ya want ,stick on a pair of heels , grab a coffee and make your self at home here " home sweet mone trannyweb " , have a nosey round and make ya self at home any provblems feel free to ask any of the girls here there all fab and ill chat to you soon
  • June 16, 2005 3:57 AM BST
    Hi June!

You are not alone in being new to the site.

I also just found it a few days ago.

Wish I had seen it sooner, as there seems to be a lot of very good advice and helpful folks here.

If you want to chat with a fellow "newbie," let me know.

Sincerely,

Kari
  • June 16, 2005 8:29 AM BST
    Well girls, there is one thing I can say about TWeb, and that is that we new girls are definitely made welcome.

I often wonder what it would have been like if we'd had something similar back in the 1960s when I first found pleasure in using my mother's clothes. More than likely not as long in that damned closet.

Once again thanks for the welcome.

June
  • June 16, 2005 3:02 PM BST
    Wow!

I never expected to find such a welcoming group of people!

The worst part about being who we are is learning to be so secretive about everything in order to preserve it.

A few of you have requested a bit of an introduction &/or background, so here goes...

Crossdressed for the first time at the tender age of three. Yep. Three (my older sister's ballerina "tutu"). It is the earliest memory I have.

Crossdressed as best I could throughout the "formative years" (basically, every chance I could when my parents weren't home).

Knew I was "different" during Jr. High and H.S., but wasn't sure what in the heck I really "Was." I read some transgender literature from the library when I was 13. It was really a relief to see that I was not alone, and there was a medical diagnosis for how I felt. I wanted desperately to talk with my parents. (I dreamed that it would go something like this: "Hey, there folks. My grades are good. By the way, I really don't think this whole thing about being a guy is so hot. Could you arrange for me to see a doctor, so I can get some hormones and, hopefully not look so much like a guy and not be 6'4" when I come out of this whole puberty thing so that some day, when I'm 18, I could go and be a girl?" Yeah. THAT conversation happened...) LOL

I came to the decision that, as I was already 6' tall, I would make an unconvincing woman and decided that I must continue down the path of life as a man, just one with a private side that was best kept personal.

Years came and went, college came and went, girlfriends came and went, yet the one thing that stayed the same was the crossdressing. It was the only time I felt happy with the world.

After a two year stint without a girlfriend (I was really into the CD "scene"), I accidentally met my wife at work. I thought that she was the biggest b* and she thought that I was the biggest a* for about 6 months. Then we met up at a club, agreed to put our hatchets down, and actually sat down and talked. For about 6 hours.

We did the same routine for a few nights, and, as they say, the rest is history.

After two years, we were married. And during that time, and for a couple years after, the CD "urge" was very minimal. I thought that, perhaps, what was wrong all these years was the lack of love from the right woman.

Yeah, right... LOL

The "urge" came back, stronger than ever. I "squeeked" by on some fairly androgenous outfits to keep things discreet and under control, but always had "the stash" of clothes hidden in the attic.

One day, my wife came home early from work, and although I was able to change quick enough before she entered the house (we have a long driveway and live in the country), I was a bit out of breath from rushing around.

She asked what was wrong with me, and, frustrated, upset and tired of always lying, I told her. Everything. We laid on the bed and talked for about 3 hours.

Well, that was three years ago, and now I am in uncharted territory as an "out" TG/TS/TV/whatever with a semi-accepting wife and very accepting daughter.

SO... there's my novella, and this is who I am. I hope it wasn't too wordy or boring.

Hopefully this can be of some help to someone somewhere...

Sincerely,

Kari
    • 1195 posts
    June 16, 2005 5:10 PM BST
    Charisse-Lyn - much happiness to you - you took a gamble and won.
    Great going.
    Jillian xxx
  • June 16, 2005 7:59 PM BST
    Jillian,

Thanks for the warm wishes!

Sincerely Yours,

Kari
    XXXOOO
  • June 16, 2005 9:53 PM BST
    Mere,

I'm in for the black dress, as long as someone can explain the umbrella thing, as that pre-dates my membership.

Sincerely Yours,

Kari
    xxxooo
  • June 16, 2005 10:07 PM BST
    Mere,

I also come from what is euphamistically called a "blended" family. The whole race thing, as regards to "feeling as the odd man out" does seem to be a bit of a similar situation to me, as well.

Apparantly, to those on the receiving end of years of descrimination, however, we are NOT, in the same boat.

Despite how we feel, we are still better off "as we are," than the alternative, in their view (right or wrong as all such viewpoints may be...).

By the way, yes my wife has used the "freak" terminology during arguements. It hurts. About the only worse thing to use as a weapon would be "fag." I got enough of that growing up.

I guess that my story made it seem like all was well in the Phillips household. That is not necessarily so. Plenty of tension still abounds. We just try to get by and be a little better at relationships today than we were yesterday. That is learning, loving and progress. That is what life is about.

Sincerely Yours,

Kari
    xxxooo
  • June 16, 2005 10:55 PM BST
    Tiina,

Still do not get the whole of the umbrella thing, but that's o.k.

Thank you for the thread. It explained the M.S.S. item. Now then, who is Kendra & why would I want to agree to participate in the theft of her dress?

Is it that fabulous? If so, what size is it anyway?

Thanks for all of the posts to you and everyone. I'm feeling like less of a newbie already...

Sincerely Yours,

Kari
    xxxooo
  • June 17, 2005 6:51 AM BST
    Tiina/Mere,

I now understand. Thanks for the info, girls!

Sincerely Yours,

Kari
    xxxooo
    • 374 posts
    June 17, 2005 7:54 AM BST
    Hi June & Charisse-Lyn,

Welcome to our community and the best site on the 'net. And thanks for sharing a little something about yourselves with us.
    Hope to chat with both of you soon

Hugs & kisses,

Monika
  • June 24, 2005 2:51 AM BST
    Hello June and Charisse

I'm Lucy a slightly insane member of the MSS too, I suggest joining.

Feel free to add little ol'me to any im software.

Love

Lucy
  • June 24, 2005 12:11 PM BST
    Thanks Lucy and all the other girls for the welcome I've received here. It's great to be made to feel at home.

I suppose I must give a bit of an update about my self. I'm one of those that suffer high blood pressure and was told that I'd be on tablets for the rest of my I life. My doctor also advised me to lose some weight. So far I've dropped from over 17 stone to below 15 stone simply by cutting out fatty foods.

Does this have its advantages? Well I suppose that apart from feeling a lot better I'm now able to get into smaller clothes. Trouble being though that top and bottom are now different sizes. I used to be a 22/24 big girl - nice and cuddly though. Now, I'm getting into size 16 skirts (although some of my 20s are comfortable) and size 18 tops and dresses. "Great" I hear some of you saying but it does mean that I have to buy my male side a few new ones as well - it's a good job his wardrobe is not as extensive as mine.

So yesteday I e-mailed a friend who has not long started dressing and as such has very few clothes that I now have two boxes of clothes that may fit her and that I had just added another 9 skirts to it. Today I've just had a dress trying session and have another 6 that are far too big for the new June.

When I lived in Hampshire I had started to frequent meetings of the Mayflower Club (well one was only a 20 minute cycle ride away at Kingsclere) and was making several friends. Now that I'm living in Oxford I've not yet found anywhere to go. So if anyone knows of any local events I love to hear abour them, except I have no transport. I'm trying to talk my tv girlfriend into going out as well.

Life should be a bed of roses.
  • June 24, 2005 7:37 PM BST
    Hi Karen,
    Don't worry I will not be throwing them out - I've done that stupid sort of thing before, whenever I've decided that I'm not really a crossdresser. I have a friend who is appreciative of items that are too big for me, so she'll get first refusal. If any of the better items are left over then I'll more than likely give T-bay a try.

I must admit there is a lot better selection when you can wear size 16 skirts instad of 22/24.

Bye
    June
    • 2463 posts
    June 15, 2005 1:49 PM BST
    Hi June, and welcome! Sorry to hear about your marriage. My wife isn't that thrilled with my dressing, either, and we're definitely trying to work out a host of problems. I'm glad to read that you're happy.

So, hang around and let us get to know you! Mere
    • 2627 posts
    June 15, 2005 2:16 PM BST
    Welcome June!
    I'm sure you'll like things here. Girls are realy nice & very helpfull. We also clown around a lot. Theres an inner group here that call themselfs the M.S.S. Be carefull keep your dress size to yourself.lol
    • 1980 posts
    June 15, 2005 4:21 PM BST
    Hi, June, how nice to meet you! Weclome to the group, please make yourself at home and feel free to join in on any of the discussions and post pix, etc. I hope you like it here, it's a great group and a wonderful bunch of girls (and guys, too). Thanks for joining.

Hugs...Joni
    • 2627 posts
    June 15, 2005 7:30 PM BST
    A Lady here named Ceyrs said it best. Think of Tweb as your local coffee house. You can pop in for a smile a chat, advice,support. We do tease sometimes for fun but never personal.
    No one is immune from that. as you've allready seen.
    • 2463 posts
    June 15, 2005 7:43 PM BST
    Let's not be so sure there, Karen. After all, we do have the MSS, don't we?

And, Tiina, as for the umbrella comment.....it just might apply to Wednesdays as well.......

Anyway, June, if you're into grand larceny, we're your group!
    • 2463 posts
    June 16, 2005 4:15 AM BST
    Karri,
    Welcome to you, too! Hang around and you'll make the best group of friends.

Now, the word is out about me and the word "umbrella," especially before I've had my coffee. Don't believe it. It's a lie to cover up for my hiding string bikini panties in "Prince" Charles' luggage before his most recent honeymoon. And I live in the States, so how I could I do it?

Welcome! These are the best people in the world.
    • 2627 posts
    June 16, 2005 4:15 AM BST
    Charisse why not introduce yourself.
    Welcome to Tweb!!
    • 1980 posts
    June 16, 2005 2:03 PM BST
    Hi, Charisse-Lyn, what a pretty name and your nickname is cute, too. Welcome to TW, hon. Hope you like it here, as you can see our group has a lot of partisans (I suppose you could call us irregulars<lol>. Please feel free to tell us a little more about yourself any time you'd like. Thanks for joining us.

Hugs and best wishes...Joni
    • 2463 posts
    June 16, 2005 9:21 PM BST
    Kari,
    I'm both happy for, and jealous of, YOU! I'm married, too, but my wife is nowhere near as accepting as yours. I bet you were never called a freak, or your new TW friends here referred to as "those things." What I said to her once was "I find it funny that someone whose own race was, and is, discriminated against so much would be so unaccepting of another." (My wife is black) She calmly pointed out that being TG and being black are two different issues. Then I said "But what about black TG's?" There was no answer to that.

It's nice to get to know you. So, would you like to join a secret society hell bent on the theft of a particular black dress? Membership is open to all except a certain someone named Kendra who owns this particular dress. We're stealing her computer, too.

Is just occurred to me, why do we call these things secret societies if everyone knows about them?

Oh, God, I have far too much time on my hands these days.
    • 2463 posts
    June 17, 2005 2:16 AM BST
    Okay, let me clarify how the umbrella thing came about. And it really has nothing to do with TW.

Some years back I read some silly little two panel cartoon where a guy with a dog was talking to his friend. He said the dog was harmless except when it heard a certain word. The friend said "Something harmless like 'umbrella'?" The dog then attacked him.

So I began to use that as a joke. When I was getting a friend a job with my then-company, I told the secretaries there never to say the word umbrella to him. They ate it up. He had no idea what was going on with that until, of course, he showed up and it all became clear to him that I was goofing around.

So here I simply revived an old, silly joke. I told a new member that we're harmless as long as she never says the word 'umbrella" before we had our morning coffee and medication.

As for Kendra, she is absolutely wonderful. I love her a lot. She has this gorgeous black dress and I told her I was going to steal it. That snowballed into something very funny here. Kendra herself started a whole thread on this issue. She was the one who came up with the M.S.S. If I could find it (I can't right now, not home alone and don't have the time) I'd give you the link. Tiina, can you help here with the link? The MSS will not be denied!

Kari, welcome. I think we have a lot in common, and a lot to share. We might have similar home experiences.

So, let's get together and plot the raid on Kendra. And no umbrellas, please.
    • 2627 posts
    June 24, 2005 12:59 PM BST
    Hi June
    You can allways post extra stuff on Tbay. DON'T throw out anything with at least trying first.
    • 2627 posts
    June 25, 2005 4:45 AM BST
    June I get some catalogs with the most awsome clothes. But nothing in my size. I want to scream. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!