Good Morning Monday 20 June 2005

• June 20, 2005 9:17 AM BST
    Hi Girls
    What weather we are having here in Oxford. It's going to be difficult deciding what to wear today, so I may stay as long as I can in my nightie.
    If any of you are in the North Yorkshire Moors I hope you missed last nights floods.
    Bye for now
    June
    XXX
    • 1198 posts
    June 20, 2005 10:54 AM BST
    Morning all,

yep the sun is blazing away here too Sammy, hope you all had a good weekend. Next weekend hopefully will be just a little less hot during the nights, have a fun day all....hugz Julie xx
    • 614 posts
    June 20, 2005 3:19 PM BST
    well afternoon all from avery ho didcot in oxfordshire its 28degress outside at the min feels like its still getting hotter , had a relaxing quet weekend myself ready for next weekend , sparkles now only a few days away
    • 614 posts
    June 20, 2005 4:20 PM BST
    ok that was a typing error that should of read A VERY HOT DIDCOT

and as to the slap cerys ill give ya at the weekend at sparkle
  • June 20, 2005 9:32 PM BST
    Good morning, all.

O.K. It's not morning, but a nice sunny 88 deg. F. afternoon in Wisconsin.

Weather dude says it's 81, but, they are never right, are they???

If any one want's to talk about father's day, (it's kinda depressing to be a father when you'd rather be a mother... anyhow...), I'm all ears. Mine sucked, too.

Sincerely Yours,

Kari
  • June 20, 2005 12:35 PM BST

Morning June,

.. how apt as it is "Flaming June" here right now. Yes the good weather continues into Monday. I spent yesterday at the seaside in delightful (but very busy) Skeggy with a "friend". Hope everyone else enjoyed the heat and the inevitable thunderstorms that followed.

So, Wimbledon starts this week, that means well-toned glistening bodies in cute little white dresses ... and all the grunting that goes with it!! Marvellous, strawberries and cream anyone?

I think Barbie needs to tighten her grip .. something's gonna just fly across the court if she doesn't hold on while she's serving.

Cerys xx
    (off to lie down in a cool dark cellar)
  • June 20, 2005 12:51 PM BST
    June is that a giant pepper grinder in the foreground of your pic or are you just pleased to be the first poster this morning?

C x
    • 2463 posts
    June 20, 2005 1:29 PM BST
    Good morning

It's the day after the worst Father's Day a person could imagine. I'll blog about it later.

It's sunny today - again. We might get that badly needed rain tomorrow. Might get it, that is.

Got stuff to do today, including considering applying for a teaching job in China (really!).

Mere
    • 2627 posts
    June 20, 2005 2:19 PM BST
    Good Morning!!
    Yes the weather is nice. But the Pistons lost. Thier down 3-2
    in a best of 7. Not a B-ball fan but you know home team.
    Have a nice day everyone. That goes double for you Mere.
  • June 20, 2005 4:01 PM BST
    Afternoon Christina

.. I've scoured all the maps of Oxfordshire and I can't find any place called "Avery Ho" ..... (slap me now, I deserve it xx)

Karen, there's an old gag that ends with the line "Piston broke" but I couldn't possibly repeat it here .. Hope you're staying cool.

Cerys xx
    • 2627 posts
    June 20, 2005 4:15 PM BST
    Realy what is "avery ho didcot"
    Cerys I take it it's not one to repete at the Sunday dinner table.
  • June 20, 2005 9:28 PM BST
    Bloody hell Sammy I must have walked past you in the street!

How did that happen?

C x
    • 2463 posts
    June 20, 2005 10:19 PM BST
    Kari, read my latest blog. My father's day was a complete nightmare. But something very interesting happened to me today. More on that later.

Hey, want to bet on the Cubs/Brewers series?