girls

• 65 posts
    June 30, 2005 10:51 PM BST
    do young teanage girls have the same breast pains as transexuals do when on hormones ? sorry but I would like to know and if not why not?
  • July 1, 2005 5:18 AM BST
    I never had much pain...a light soreness is the word.

Laura
    • 121 posts
    July 7, 2005 9:28 AM BST
    Hi Mandy-my own story is a bit complicated,suffice to say due to a medical condition of havind deformed testes which didn't produce androgens my body went through a female puberty.My body began to change shape when i was about 13,my breasts were a little tender and sore together with a slight itchiness,the nipples were much more sensitive too.
  • July 9, 2005 6:54 AM BST
    Mandy,

My daughter had some pain at the start, but now that she's "blossoming," there have been no complaints. When I started HRT, it took about 3 months for the "buds" to start growing, as it were. When they reached the visible point is about the same time they became hyper-sensitive to touch and cold. Cold really, really hurt! Still kinda does...

After about another year, things settled down, but they were still much more sensitive and prone to being "hurt": a wrong bump, a rough "brush-up" against something, a wrong pinch from a bra that shifted, etc., all caused much more pain than before HRT, but not as bad as those early months.

I've stopped HRT as of last year, and things are almost back to a male type "normal" in the sensitivity department, just with larger breasts.

Sincerely Yours,

Kari
    • 134 posts
    July 11, 2005 5:09 PM BST
    Hi Charisse=lyn,i am wondering, you said you took 'mones for a while now have stopped? will your breasts stay the size they grew to or will they shrink back to normal male chest?
    I too am taking 'mones (7 months)& although delighted with my titties, Im not sure I want to take this stuff for the rest of my life with the risks involved!
    I dont intend to have surgery anyway.
    Thanx,
    Angel xx
    • 134 posts
    July 11, 2005 7:06 PM BST
    hi sandra, thanx for that info. How can i tell if this fat cushion has developed? (I have pics of my boobs in my profile)
    Angel xx
    • 134 posts
    July 11, 2005 10:51 PM BST
    thanx sandra, ill have to keep at it for a while then! those pix were after only 6 months.
    By the way, i can certainly get a "bounce" even if im going over bumps in the car! if fact its quite sore at times!
    angel xx
  • July 13, 2005 5:08 AM BST
    Ceres/Angel/All,

Nipple sensitivity goes back to almost normal. When on hormones, the breasts do grow, but, almost as importantly for appearance, they "relax." They get more round, soft and "saggy." The muscularture diminishes and the fat builds. The nipples begin to grow out, with little "nodules" behind them that begin to grow. That's when the sensitivity kicks in. And, then, the areola begins to grow, slightly.

When stopping HRT, the breasts will remain larger than before, but the "relaxed", round, feminine form goes away as the the male hormones resume their effects. The result, for me, anyway, is Arnold S.-style-mucho-bodybuilder-guy-boobs. The roundness and softness goes away, and the "straight line" that defines the bottom of men's chest reappears. I am quite skinny and small framed, so, when out in "guy" mode, it's not a bad thing. It looks like I could "kick some butt." I look much more muscular than I really am It's still ok in girl mode, as a pushup/padded/"wonder" bra takes this tissue and creates cleavage that makes me giggle, still, at how good it looks.

The disappointing point is that they do not look very feminine without that "extra support." Nor, do they feel as good as they used to...

My recommendation: do not take hormones without a Dr.'s approval. Don't start them if there is the possibility that, if your SO finds out, you will have to stop. Did you ever know a woman who enjoyed menopouse? You'll go through a mini-version of it when you stop. Starting HRT makes you feel great, well, jubilant, normal. Coming off gives you the exact reverse emotions. It sucks.

Hope this is of some help.

Sincerely Yours,

Kari
    • 134 posts
    July 13, 2005 2:43 PM BST
    Hi Cindy, thanx for pouring your heart out! I think I now have all the info i need!Like you, i have no intention of going "the full way" but I am happy with my boobs at the size they are now (38b) I dont think i want them any bigger cos of the problems such as you gave. I dont know (or care) what people i dont know think but my freinds all think:
    a) mostly guys,its so funny i have tits ha, ha, ha! are you turning into a homo?,or garbage like that.
    b) mostly females, are so interested & want to see & swap stories of how they get in the way etc!
    Mine arent so big that they look TOO obvious and I can still wear my fav. tight T shirts!
    thanks again,
    be happy!
    love
    Angel xx
    • 2573 posts
    July 13, 2005 4:35 PM BST
    I agree with Sandra. Years ago, early in my study of Brain Sex/Gender, I realized that sex, gender and partner preference were independent "decisions" in the brain. While some were frequently associated, any of them could be present with any of the others. I still have my diagrams of the "Eight Sexes" (two sexes times two genders times two partner preferences) in my initial "theory". (briefly Sixteen "Sexes") I lived in Silver Lake and it was fairly easy, in that population, of "out" people, to observe and see that everyone fit into one of those "boxes". It also be came obvious that at least some of those boxes were spectrums, NOT boxes. Now I believe they all are and lean more to descriptions of tendencies, on an analog continuum, rather than a "digital" designation (box).