Thankyou

• 121 posts
    July 8, 2005 1:30 PM BST
    Hi girls-just wanted to say thankyou to all those girls who asked after me yesterday,and all those who asked about all us girls working in London.I'm working in Moorgate which is close to the Liverpool St. blast.Fortunately no one from our co. were injured,although a few were on said train.Today is a sad and sombre day in London,but life continues as it must,or the terrorists will have won.Once again thankyou all and a special thanks to our sisters in U.S....it means a lot,xxxxAlli.
    • 614 posts
    July 8, 2005 2:02 PM BST
    hi all , id like 2 sec allissandes thanks to every1 for there surpourt yesterday on wot was a teriable day , we uk girls are strong and will pic are selves up off the floor and conitue on as noraml , again thanks to every1
    • 539 posts
    July 10, 2005 4:57 PM BST
    I must say that I am impressed with how well London has handled this. That British attitude towards adversity of "we'll muddle through" is evidently alive and well. Unfortunately, this attitude must come from a history of painful experience, ranging from the bombings of World War II to the terrorist attacks of the IRA.

In the U.S., we have been too sheltered for too long. We need to learn from those who have experienced these tragedies more regularly.

Heather Harrison
    • 2463 posts
    July 8, 2005 1:55 PM BST
    We relieved that everyone is well, while we pray for those who weren't so lucky. Take care. Mere
    • 1980 posts
    July 8, 2005 6:42 PM BST
    Hi Allisande-

I just want to add my best wishes to all our TW sisters, I'm so glad everyone in our little corner of the web seems to be okay. And my heart goes out to everyone who lost someone they loved in this tragedy. My wife and I wish all of you the very best.

Hugs Joni and Denise
  • July 8, 2005 11:06 PM BST
    As a London-based T-girl, I also want to say thank you. The concern showed for us all on site yesterday was amazing. I feel very encouraged and supported. This hasn't happened in any other aspect of my life. I wish I could meet you all (dressed of course) for a big hug.

love
    Cathy
    • 2127 posts
    July 9, 2005 1:38 AM BST
    I think the concern our girls from around the world showed yesterday was very heart-warming.

I was also interested to see a message from ex-Mayor of New York, Rudolph Giuliani in today's Times (London Times that is).

Seems he is in London right now and just happened to be near Liverpool Street station when the first bomb went off.

Thank you again girls for your concern and your sympathy.

Hugs,

Katie x