JAVA HELP

• 124 posts
    July 10, 2005 11:00 PM BST
    ok u teccky lot, wots going on? im having probs getting into tweb and another chat room that uses java, is there a new version? i got the lastest one as far as i know but this is doing my head in as i cant get to talk to folks.
    • 124 posts
    July 10, 2005 11:58 PM BST
    thanks puss, i'll do that tom and let u no how i get on.
  • July 11, 2005 9:18 AM BST
    Karen,

I have a similar problem when trying to view the galleries on my laptop - nothing happens, yet on my desktop which runs exactly the same software including Java it works fine. scratched head until it bleeds but can't figure it out.

Don't think it is Java though, as it should work regardless of what browser, operating system or anything else you are using. Don't whatever you do use Microsoft's version as that is rubbish. Sun created Java and when they wouldn't let MS use it MS tried to copy it and got it soooo wrong.

Other than making sure you have the newest version of Sun's Java and checking your IE/Firefox is upto date there isn't much more I can suggest really.

Alex
    xxxx
    • 2627 posts
    July 10, 2005 11:16 PM BST
    I would like to hear what someone can do to help. My java has never worked right. I still can't veiw trannypix.
    • 2627 posts
    July 11, 2005 1:46 AM BST
    Still can't look at pix. As soon as I click on a pic it says done in bottom left corner. Nothing happens. I turned off pop up blocker. enabled java script.
    Ever since MS stopped including java it ain't worth using.
    I've also tried Firefox I can see pix but can't write blog.
    I also know other people that try not to use java.