WELL DONE TRANNYWEB.COM

• 614 posts
    July 11, 2005 11:19 AM BST
    JUST THOUGHT ID SAY A BIG WELL DONE TO TRANNYWEB FOR WINNING SILVER AT THE UK ANGELS AWARDS IN THE BEST TG RESCOURSE WEB SITE . LETS SEE IF WE CAN GET GOLD NEXT YEAR .

• 338 posts
    July 11, 2005 7:21 PM BST
    yeah but years back OS2 won awards... i reckon both users must have melted a few ways of voting...

Rose's is ok.. but not something i'd expect to win gold.
    • 614 posts
    July 11, 2005 10:48 PM BST
    katie i just happen to have the silver award in my inbox ill email ya it if yab want so you can put it on the site some were on disply for all to see
  • July 12, 2005 4:35 PM BST
    I was wondering about that Christina.

Definitely need to get that displayed somewhere prominant but no distrubing the cover girl now!!!

Alex
    xxxx
    • 374 posts
    July 16, 2005 10:13 AM BST
    Congrats to Katie and Trannyweb for a job well done. We all know
    that you deserve gold. Hopefully next time it will be the gold.

Hugs & kisses,

Monika
    • 1195 posts
    July 16, 2005 11:45 PM BST
    Allow me to borrow a line from a movie "We don't need no stinking awards"
    We all know Katie is the best and Trannyweb is the tops. Just let us know when to vote next year and we'll go platinum. That is if our non-UK votes count.
    xxxxMary Grace
    • 2627 posts
    July 11, 2005 4:28 PM BST
    Kind of wondering who got the gold.
    • 2127 posts
    July 11, 2005 4:47 PM BST
    Thanks girls.

The Gold award went to Rose's. I'm sure they deserve it but
    I went along to their site to see why and I honestly couldn't.

They only have 3,695 members and they appear to be just a forum and nothing else. No chat rooms, blogs or any of the myriad of tranny stuff that we have here. Hardly a TG resource site.

At the end of the day though, I suppose it's votes that count.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 2463 posts
    July 11, 2005 6:08 PM BST
    All right now, girls, let's roll up those sleeves and get to work on getting the gold! First thing - new nail polish. Let's face it, without good hands we're sunk. Second - shaved legs for everyone, and silky hosiery. Without good legs we're sunk. Third - The M.S.S. kidnaps the judges. If we don't pull it off, we're sunk and Katie will deny any knowledge of us.

Okay, scrap #3.........

Katie, you know in our hearts you have the gold every time.
    • 2068 posts
    July 11, 2005 9:01 PM BST
    way to go T-WEB!!!!....next year the gold is ours for sure! love and xxxxxx anna-marie
    • 2127 posts
    July 16, 2005 11:56 AM BST
    Thanks girls. I think that the reason Rose's got gold was because they probably just asked their members to vote for them. Just a guess.

I didn't even think about it so I didn't ask anyone to vote.

If that is the case, we'll know what to do next year.

Anyway, here is the trophy:

Congtaulations. You won this, not me.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 2627 posts
    July 16, 2005 9:17 PM BST
    Tinna if others want to cheat let em. I'm here because I found the best place on the web. Finding Tweb made me feel happy to be a Tranny. I don't feel ashamed anymore because of the people here. Lets just be the most helpfull, happy, fun place on the web.
    • 2127 posts
    July 17, 2005 11:01 AM BST
    I must point out that when I said we'd know what to do, I did not mean submit multiple votes. That would be cheating and would make any subsequent award worthless.

We have always been honest and up-front at Trannyweb and apart from the thousands of friendships made by our members, both in the UK and internationally, our trustworthyness is one of our greatest strengths, according to the results of our surveys down the years.

I've nothing against Rose's and I'm sure it is a great and vibrant community. I was just expressing surprise that it had won an award for being a resource site, which it quite clearly is not.

Rose's members, please don't all hate me for saying that. It was just an observation, not sour grapes. If anyone should have had the Gold award for a resource site, I think it should have been Crissy Wild, not Trannyweb.

Anyway, one thing that is more important than getting awards is staying friends with our colleagues in this community. I don't think we should let any petty rivalries stand in the way of moving our cause forward together.

So let's all be pals and if Trannyweb is considered for a Silver award next year, that would be all well and good. But if we're not, then perhaps that means it's someone else's turn.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 2627 posts
    July 17, 2005 11:40 AM BST
    Tiina no I don't think you would cheat.
    But I don't want others thinking it might be a good idea. Stuffing the ballot box is not umheard of.
    We all want Katie to be recognized for what she's done.
    I'm wondering what type of resources they mean. Since I can find out anything I ever want to know here about Transanything.
    From a simple CD to a life changing TS & every thing inbetween.
    • 2127 posts
    July 17, 2005 2:26 PM BST
    No problem Tiina. I hope you didn't mind me clarifying our position.

The trouble with text based forums is that sometimes it's difficult to know when people are serious or are speaking in jest.

I'd much rather stay pals with the other tranny sites. I think there will be many times in the future when it will be beneficial to us all to work together for our common cause, so I don't want to upset anyone.

I'd rather have friends than an award, even though an award is nice too. Thank you Angels.

Hugs,

Katie x