Accepting my anger

• July 12, 2005 10:23 AM BST
    Sometimes I find myself just angry on my mother, who will not accept me as her daughter. But then I say to myself: "Come on Laura, she never accepted you as a man either. The whole world takes you as a woman, is that not enough?" And I must admit, it is enough. I´m just annoyed and angry about the love I NEVER got from my mom. I have written her long letters but got no answer.
    On mother´s day I sent her a card I hade made myself and glued my passport pic on the other side to make it possible for her to recognize me if we should meet by accident.

Laura
    • 1198 posts
    July 12, 2005 11:33 AM BST
    I'm not going to say "give it time" Laura, all i will say hopefully she will accept you one day. You have clearly tried everything in your power, anger eats you up if you let it, i know it nearly destroyed me. Go with the flow for now hun and good luck......Hugz Julie xx
    • 121 posts
    July 12, 2005 3:50 PM BST
    I never knew my father,my mother divorced him when i was 4,as he treated her badly-violently.My two elder sisters can remember being witness to this violence,I can't.I have grown up with mixed feelings towards my father,largely based on my sisters hatred of him.My mum has since forgiven him and they now do speak occassionally.I recently met him for the first time,as I had or rather needed for him to know that I didn't hate him.We have since spoken a few times,and things are going forward slowly.My point is anger is a good thing if it's controlled and positve.Hatred is something horrid and negative if left to fester will eat away at you.If you can it's far better to forgive and forget.
    • 2573 posts
    July 12, 2005 3:29 PM BST
    I was never able to resolve my differences with my father over merely trying to get ordinary respect, as a male, from him. Years after his death I remain angry at him for what he did to me, including forcing me to be "male", but his importance in my life has faded to the nothingness it deserves. He was a pathetic, sad man. His opinion was of no importance in retrospect. You can choose your friends, but not your family. You can choose to cut off family members who are not up to your standards of friends. I did. It was a good move that decreased my pain and now adds to my self-respect.