Advice please

• July 15, 2005 3:29 PM BST
    Hi,

Ok, basically I would like to know what exactly happens if I were to take medication such as hormones? I havent a clue about anything regarding this, but I am wondering whether or not I should try and increase my femininity.

I would love to be a woman, no doubt about that, but through psychological problems I am experiencing I wouldnt want to commit to anything any time soon. I almost feel like I have a split personality, one half is all woman, the other half is man. I except that I will never be a woman, instead I describe myself as a very feminine guy, I will wear womens jewellry whilst my clothes define me as a man, I am almost a hybrid. However, I am naturally very feminine, and I was wondering what options are available if I was to satisfy the feminine side of me. I am worried if I start taking drugs I will grow breasts, which I can't really say I want.

Thanks for any info!
    • 2463 posts
    November 20, 2005 3:44 PM GMT
    Kirsty,
    I would say to definitely take your time and think things through. Talk to us all you want. We'll listen and help whenever we can.

If you're worried about what will happen with hormones, then by all means DO NOT take any now. Once you're settled in with what you want then decide how to proceed. Like Sandra pointed out, any number of things can happen.

I know you're smart enough to take all this into consideration. In the meantime, do some research into yourself.

Mere