Chatroom

• 121 posts
    July 18, 2005 8:05 PM BST
    Hi girls-the time now is 7.55pm gmt,is there a problem with the chatroom tonight.Only a box pops up telling me to get in touch with administrator of site,Love Alli,xx
    • 338 posts
    July 18, 2005 8:20 PM BST
    what as in walk into the light...

kinda reminds me of an old spoof computer game.. aim was to get a girlfriend.. god there was some convoluted plot loops, all totally taking the mickey.. like having to learn to read a sodding book in order to write a poem.. well funny.

chat rooms are kinda fun, but face to face better.. i save the net for when me too knackered to get out, or just not got the time.

fantasy is fantasy
    reality is extasy
    • 121 posts
    July 18, 2005 8:25 PM BST
    Hi Ziggy-believe me I do get out when the chance comes,but tonight is a night in due to lack of funds.Plus I was hoping to catch up with some girls who live abroad.You could do a little of what you preach too,instead of spending most of your time in the forums,xx
    • 121 posts
    July 18, 2005 8:29 PM BST
    hi all,chatroom now open,xx
    • 338 posts
    July 18, 2005 8:29 PM BST
    ziggy has to live in the forums...

ya see me knows sommink bout ziggy...

ziggy *is* the internet.. the actual voice of the whole net.

see cross-posting.. this and the conspiracy thread in one... kinda buy one get one rammed down ya throat for free.

besides tis the unique view of life that ziggy has that makes these forums what they are, lets face it we all come back...
  • July 18, 2005 8:33 PM BST
    • 338 posts
    July 18, 2005 8:40 PM BST
    zig some day i've just gotta meet ya.

and rhia that link has me in stitches
    • 338 posts
    July 18, 2005 8:50 PM BST
    zig, thats part of the point.. you are totally 'you' i know no-one ever could be never let anyone change ya, ya one in five billion
  • July 19, 2005 2:48 AM BST
    Hi All,
    First of all, I hope I don't offend anyone with what I'm about to say ---

PLEASE STOP!!

It was only a couple of months ago that someone commented on how civil and supportive the TW website was, with none of the Flamewars you see on other websites.

I appeal to all here, please, take a deep breath, count to 10 or whatever. Let's recapture that sense of supportive and constructive dialog we had just a few months back. We have enough personal attacks to deal with in our daily lives, we don't need to poison the atmosphere here or in the chat rooms. (Note: Most of the forums are wonderful)

Perhaps it's time to hold up on political and conspiratorial postings to allow tempers to cool.

OR

Katie Glover, would it be possible to configure the "whats new" forum links to not include the political forum? Those who want to participate could post there without affecting everyone.

respectfully,
    Michelle Lynn

• 121 posts
    July 19, 2005 7:32 AM BST
    Hi girls-I started this thread,and I'm sorry if I offended anyone certainly not my intentions.Ziggy apologies to you too.Love Alli,xx
  • July 18, 2005 8:08 PM BST
    same here
  • July 18, 2005 8:30 PM BST

CALM DOWN, CALM DOWN
    • 2463 posts
    July 18, 2005 8:33 PM BST
    Ziggy, what do you mean WE should get out? You're here in the Forums more than anyone.

Did it ever cross your mind for one minute that sometimes that's the only way some of us on TW can communicate in an instant? I ran up a whopping phone bill one month calling some of the girls overseas.

I know plenty of real people, thank you.
    • 2068 posts
    July 18, 2005 8:40 PM BST
    scared of you ZIGGY....yeah rite!
    • 2463 posts
    July 18, 2005 9:21 PM BST
    Okay, now, Ziggy, you're threatening people? You think we'd be afraid to meet you in person?

I'm not afraid.

Be careful on how you speak to us. While my chances of getting over to the UK are nil at the moment, trust me, I WOULD NOT BE AFRAID TO MEET UP. You're no challenge. You're exercise.
    • 2463 posts
    July 18, 2005 9:29 PM BST
    That's exactly how you came off, and I'm not the only one to pick up on that.

I really wonder how you feel about us here on TW. You thrive on arguments. And I'm sick of having them. I think I'll go back to my original idea and ignore your postings.
  • July 18, 2005 10:17 PM BST
    hey hey ladies chill

*points to his second post*
    • 2463 posts
    July 19, 2005 1:14 AM BST
    I tried to post this before but it didn't go through. I'll be brief.....

Zig, it's obvious you don't want us as friends. Quite frankly, I'm surprised I defended you before.

I'm still pissed about what you said to Anna-Marie. Okay, now, little genius WHAT THE HELL MAKES A PERSON A WOMAM?????

Well, we're waiting for your answer, smart guy. Come on, Dr. Ziggy, what is it? You seem to know everything. Tell us so our lives can be that much better.

Pull your head from your ass, comb the shit from your hair, and actually say something interesting. As I said once before, I think you deliberately alientate us here because it gives you a sorry excuse not to have friends.

Either learn how to debate without animosty, or stop it altogether.
    • 2627 posts
    July 19, 2005 1:34 AM BST
    I am so tired of this shit. Allmost everyday anymore theres a friggen argument over politics. If it's not name calling it's bashing my country or beliefs. Starting to get to the point I can't bear to read some of this shit. Wasn't long ago this place was fun. Do people have to lose tempers if someone else doesn't want to think the same way. I don't think theres been a civil debate here in a long time. I've said my piece. You will not see me in any political bull any more.

Good bye.
    • 2463 posts
    July 19, 2005 2:44 AM BST
    Karen, you are right. Looking back, I should have just kept to myself and not said a thing.

Like you, I'm sick of it. I will now stay out of it.

Whatever happened to the shouting and jumping in the Good Morning threads?