Tranny patron saint?

• 86 posts
    July 22, 2005 2:39 PM BST
    Does any girl know if there is a Tranny patron saint?

Much Love, Elly. XXXX
    • 588 posts
    July 22, 2005 3:22 PM BST
    Mary Magdalen aka "The Sinner" :

Patronage

apothecaries; Atrani, Italy; Casamicciola, Italy; contemplative life; contemplatives; converts; druggists; glove makers; hairdressers; hairstylists; penitent sinners; penitent women; people ridiculed for their piety; perfumeries; perfumers; pharmacists; reformed prostitutes; sexual temptation; tanners; women.

http://www.catholic-forum[...]m11.htm
    • 86 posts
    July 22, 2005 3:29 PM BST
    Wonderful Joni, absolutely wonderful!..I have tried to find one, but I can't, so, should we have our own Tranny Patron Saint, and who should it be?...Suggestions?
    Much Love Elly. XXXXX
    • 86 posts
    July 22, 2005 3:31 PM BST
    I love it Linda!, but how did Tanners get in there?
    • 588 posts
    July 22, 2005 4:11 PM BST
    Tanners ? I can only guess. Maybe by some association of thought: Sinner - a tanner darkening cloth and hides ?

I think the archangel Raphael should be mentioned especially. I see him/her on Tiinas list - as patron saint for "safe journey". I found her/him as patron of "travelers" - traveler and tranny, may be as close as we get. In the picture I found she looks sweet and pretty too: http://www.catholic.org/s[...]_id=203
    • 86 posts
    July 22, 2005 4:32 PM BST
    Hi Tiina. I will admit that when I asked the question, it was slightly tongue in cheek, my own suggestion was to be Saint Scrubbers, I know...Speak for yourself!, but your sensible reply
    has got me thinking, and in all seriousness I recommend SAINT JULIAN. You won't find him/her in any religious texts, but you will in DRAG!, Female Impersonators on Stage, Screen and Television by F.Michael Moore.

Quote:J could put Mae Murray, Gloria Swanson and the rest of our glamour girls to shame when he/she modeled women's clothing.

Julian flourished in American Vaudeville, on the stage, and in films in the early 20th century, and at one point he/she was the highest paid star inhollywood,I have a stunning picture of him/her,a still from the 1914 film..The Crinoline Girl...Meredith might know of him/her.From my research on the subject I conclude that he/she was the very first TRANNY superstar.
    Much Love, Elly. XXXX
    • 86 posts
    July 22, 2005 5:30 PM BST
    Tiina. I know that the Vatican don't create Saints while they are still alive, but I do have another suggestion for our Patron saint, or even Mother Superior. It is someone we all know, who created Trannyweb, and has worked her socks off to make it the success it is. I hope that this does not sound too corny.
    Much Love, Elly. XXXXX
    • 86 posts
    July 22, 2005 5:44 PM BST
    Tiina, I am so glad that you agree, and we won't have a problem with the miracles either.

So girls, is it to be Saint Katie?
    • 86 posts
    July 22, 2005 6:01 PM BST
    Tiina. Agreed.
    • 86 posts
    July 22, 2005 6:08 PM BST
    Tiina. What are required are more opinions, so what about it girls?
    • 588 posts
    July 22, 2005 6:15 PM BST
    • 614 posts
    July 22, 2005 9:16 PM BST
    um patron saint of scrubbers must be a frined/realation of myn lol
    • 166 posts
    July 22, 2005 9:35 PM BST
    St. Joseph , patron of "pioneers" sounds about right!?
    -but I'm Lutheran so what the 'ell would I know?? hehe

Joan of Arc , in a reverse way perhaps-hmmmm
  • July 22, 2005 10:19 PM BST
    Hi All,
    I agree St. Katie sounds good.

Question:

Can I get the concession for St. Katie Medals (or necklace)
    and St. Katie dashboard ornaments?

Just kidding...

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn
  • July 22, 2005 10:51 PM BST
    Great,
    Now for the dashboard ornament!

• July 23, 2005 3:28 AM BST
    I Like the sound of St. Katie...

... but given that many Christian saints (especially the older ones) were acctually bastardisations of the earlier pre-christian gods and goddesses, (such as the egyptian or celtic deities - Anubis=St Christopher or Brighid=St Brighid) why narrow the search to saints?

I know the greeks in particular had a number of ancient deities relating to transgender issues.
    • 121 posts
    July 23, 2005 11:39 AM BST
    Hi-I agree too with St. Katie,would like to add as well that in Hinduism transgenderism pops up quite a bit,especially the story of Rama.I'm also sure that even one of the gods takes the female form,xxx Alli.
  • July 24, 2005 2:16 AM BST
    we have an entryway!?!?

I mean, I knew about the academy, and I'd heared rumours of a tweb finishing school, but as far as I was aware the architects had forgotten to put an entrance in, which is why we've never seen any official graduates.

...OK ...Back to the wine I go methinks.
    • 86 posts
    July 24, 2005 2:03 PM BST
    Maryanne, how about Saint "'Allo Zere Big Boy?"... And have you checked your saddle bags for the missing items?
    • 8 posts
    August 18, 2005 11:10 PM BST
    How about St. Gwen? Gwen Arujo, that is.

Christine Jorgeson might be better, but I thought of Gwen before I read Wendy's post.
    • 1980 posts
    July 22, 2005 4:11 PM BST
    Well, I could certainly use a bit of intercession from St Martin de Porres.

Hugs...Joni
    • 1980 posts
    July 22, 2005 3:00 PM BST
    Hi Elly-

I don't know if there is one as such, but the Patron Saint of girls is St Agnes and the Patron Saint of desperate situations is St Jude. Maybe they can help out.

Hugs...Joni
    • 1980 posts
    July 24, 2005 12:00 AM BST
    Hi Allisande-

I agree with you about Hindu deities and their avatars and various manifestations. My favorite Hindu deity is Ganesh and I carry a little image of him on the dash of my truck. As you may know he's the lord of wisdom and knowledge, he opens doors and shows the way, he smooths paths and removes obstacles and guards you on your journey. He also rides on a mouse, which somehow always struck me as a cool thing to do, though I don't know why it does.<lol>

Oh and I totally agree that St Katie the Cool should be the patron saint of Tranny Web and we should comission someone to do a statue of her for the entryway to St Trannyweb Academy and Finishing School.

Hugs...Joni
    • 1980 posts
    July 24, 2005 1:33 PM BST
    Umm, Tiina, I hadn't really wanted to draw attention to this, but I just can't help it. What, exactly, is a "secret handsnake" and what do you feed it? Where do you keep it? What do secret handsnakes look like? Just curious.<g>

Hugs...Joni being ecumenically interested
    • 2573 posts
    July 28, 2005 6:24 PM BST
    St Christine - Christine Jorgensen, who performed the miracle of opening the eyes of the world to transgenderism by her courage, and all else has followed after. I wish I could hug her and thank her for being there first(at least in the eyes of the public). She suffered. We gained.

Dame Edna was not even a close second...besides, she's still alive last I checked.

Katie...well, she's already an angel. :-D