Hangover remedies...what works for you?

• July 31, 2005 7:34 PM BST
    Hi All,

We've all been here before, and It's not a gender thing - A Hangover. So, using the latest technology (TW), I've decided to gather hangover remedies from around the world. So, I ask you to share your favorite Hangover remedy with your TW sisters.

There are some sisters here who have the best remedy - abstinence. For the rest of us.......

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn
    • 86 posts
    July 31, 2005 7:49 PM BST
    Hi Michelle.
    My favourite hangover cure is EATING...Just about anything that doesn't squeal, squeak or move!
    Love, Elly. X.
    • 86 posts
    July 31, 2005 7:59 PM BST
    Tiina, I'll settle for some NOSH!
    Love, Elly. X.
    • 773 posts
    July 31, 2005 8:09 PM BST
    Indeed, prevention is the key, and the best hangover prevention is abstinence. Otherwise, if you decided to fall off the wagon, just do it in such a way that you can spend the following day in bed, watching bad movies and nursing your aching head and queasy stomach. As Tina mentioned, as we get older, it only gets worse. This is why I am rarely found belly (or tits) up to the bar anymore myself.
  • August 1, 2005 9:18 AM BST
    Best thing for a hangover? Heavy drinking the night before!!!

Actually as I seem to have an inbuilt safety system to prevent hangovers (called going from sober to sick in less than a glass) I haven't had to deal with a hangover for a loooong time. However, my remedy used to involve a pint (20fl oz, 568ml) of water before bed and another one by the bed. When I finally resurfaced the following day it would be a double fried egg roll with brown sauce and a can of Irn-Bru and life was just about bareable again.

During the university years though the secret to avoiding a hangover was very much regular topping up of the blood alcohol count, which may explain the present condition!! Mr Liver has had enough and knows how to stop me!!

Lots of water and sugar are the best cures for hangovers and lard to calm the stomach. Sounds disgusting but the good old full English breakfast with a can of Coke is one of the best.

Alex
    xxxx
    • 86 posts
    August 1, 2005 2:47 PM BST
    As already said, my cure for the night before is food, lots of it, the greasier and queasier the better.

My hangover problems are on the morning after the morning after
    the night before. Mind you, I still Pig out!

You can't get the wood you know.

Love, Elly. X.

• August 1, 2005 6:29 PM BST
    Hi Girls,

Well, Food seems to be the common cure + "Hair of the Dog". So I ate and ate and ate....followed by some more wine. worked great!

Before I got started, I had a Bloody Mary...Luckily my hangover wasn't too bad.

Girls, Thanks for the advise. If anyone else has a favorite cure...please post.

Hugz,

Michelle Lynn
  • August 1, 2005 6:32 PM BST
    Hi Tiina,
    LOL!!!

THanks,
    Michelle Lynn
    • 338 posts
    August 1, 2005 7:36 PM BST
    i'm still trying to find a perminaent cure for sobriaty

oh and a fix fro naff spelling be nice two.

not to say grammor

hic

• 86 posts
    August 1, 2005 8:09 PM BST
    Clare, U juzt stey haz sweeeetee az u rrrrrr%
    lufv, Early. A Cizz prom meeee twoo uuuuu£?***#+=
  • August 1, 2005 8:13 PM BST
    I found the ideal way to avoid the hangover when I was more into male things in the army. I never ever suffered a hangover if I went on an all night bender and drank until it was time for the champagne breakfast - a big fry with a pint of champers, lovely. Then get changed into uniform and do a good days work - normally fell asleep just after tea break but woke up again for lunch - food and yet more drink. P***ed but no hangover.
    I can't drink all night now so the cure is to have a lay in until the hangover has gone. lol

June hic
    • 86 posts
    August 1, 2005 8:24 PM BST
    June. In the army was the only time I crawled into my pit totally, utterly, and completely A*******d, and woke up the next morning in an even worse state..And that was in the middle of Luneberg Heath.

By the way Girls, is this Trannyweb, or "AA"?

Love, Elly. X

You still can't get the wood you know.
    • 134 posts
    August 1, 2005 10:45 PM BST
    Take a Zantac pill before you go out drinking. It works!
    Angel> (doesnt drink any more!)
    • 2463 posts
    July 31, 2005 9:06 PM BST
    Remedies:
    1. Pretend to wife that I'm fine and didn't do anything I shouldn't have the night before.

2. "Hair of the dog?" Damn right! A few more drinks and it's OUTTA HERE!!!!

Oh, dear.

Now I want a glass of wine.
    • 1652 posts
    August 1, 2005 2:25 PM BST
    If it's a mild hangover - coffee, bacon, eggs, toast, coffee, chocolate, coke, more sleep... interspersed with lots of water.
    If it's one of MY hangovers - abandon all hope...
    Like Alex, I think my liver is trying to tell me something.
    xx
    • 2068 posts
    August 1, 2005 10:11 PM BST
    hmmm....what works for me is a good old fashioned full english brekkie!..lol anna-marie xxxxxx
    • 1980 posts
    August 2, 2005 6:14 AM BST
    Well, girls, I don't party as much as I used to, but when I did it was some serious partying. Here's what I did, before going to bed take 2 or 3 ibuprofen (not aspirin, they'll upset your tummy) and drink as much as you can hold of Gator Aid or some other sports drink diluted about 50% with water. Part of the headache thing is that your electrolytes become unbalanced and the sport drink helps replace it and you get dehydrated since alcohole makes you pee a lot.
    \
    In the morning, more ibuprofen if you need it, more sports drink and water and a couple of tabs of vitamin B12 as well as a good daily vitamin.

As far as eating, I liked fruit or something with some sugar in it until my stomach felt better, then whatever couldn't get out of the way fast enough went down the hatch.

And as Dr Seuss used to say, "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how."

Hugs...Joni
    • 1652 posts
    August 5, 2005 12:49 AM BST
    Danielle, you are a cheeky little minx.
    Nice one babe!
    zz