PLEASE HELP OUR SISTERS IN NEED

• 773 posts
    August 6, 2005 11:39 PM BST
    Many of you know our friend and sister, Brandi Rose. For those of you who don't, Brandi is a wonderful beautiful transsexual woman, long time member of the Trannyweb community, who is suffering from serious debilitating injuries she suffered at the hands of an abusive SO. Her roommate, Lexi is another wonderful friend to many of us, who is battling cancer. She is in steady but slow remission, but still fighting every day.

Because of their respective conditions, they are unable to work, and are really having a tough time making ends meet. Brandi had a big scare today that might require major neurosurgery, so things are likely to get worse before they get better.

I know we're all having a hard time making the bills and all right about now, but please take a few dollars, what ever you can afford, and donate to help these women, our sisters.

Gloria Glover has kindly offered to set up a button on Tranny Television http://www.trannytelevision.com to facilitate making your donation via paypal.

No matter how bad our own circumstance, we should count our blessings, and be thankful that we have the opportunity to participate in this community. Let's pull together in the spirit of support and sisterhood that is Trannyweb, and do what we can to help our sisters in need.
    • 773 posts
    August 7, 2005 11:26 PM BST
    Thanks for the tip, Karen! And for your support!
    • 773 posts
    August 13, 2005 1:36 AM BST
    For those who are unable to make their donation by credit card, or don't have a Paypal account, you can mail a check or money order to:
    Chevy Chase Bank
    c/o Gloria Glover
    1734 York Rd.
    Lutherville, MD, USA 21093

Leave the "Pay To" blank and we'll take care of the rest.

Please donate whatever you can.

Thanks
    • 773 posts
    August 14, 2005 4:13 AM BST
    Remember, there's still time to get your donation in to help our susters in need. Please give whatever you can. Follow the link to Tranny Television at:

http://www.trannytelevisi[...]lp.html

or mail your check or money order to

Chevy Chase Bank
    c/o Gloria Glover
    1734 York Rd.
    • 773 posts
    August 14, 2005 2:53 PM BST
    Meredith is absolutely right. Brandi would do anything to help anyone here, so let's please show her our support. Please give whatever you can to help her.

I know you'll all do the right thing.

Thanks
    • 773 posts
    August 14, 2005 8:32 PM BST
    What better way to spend a summer sunday afternoon than doing your part for your sisters?
    • 773 posts
    August 18, 2005 1:04 AM BST
    There's still time to get your donation in, but please don't hesitate!
    • 773 posts
    August 25, 2005 10:17 PM BST
    I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those of you who have contributed to help our friends and sisters who so desperately need our support. You know who you are, and you have gone above and beyond what we had initially expected any individual to do when we conceived of this effort.

Good thing, too, as I am also posting today to express my disappointment with those who have chosen not to participate. This kind of apathy is terribly inconsistent with the spirit of support and friendship that is supposed to characterize this community.

I hope never to be in a position to need to depend on the kindness of the vast majority of visitors to this site, who, it would seem, cannot even be bothered to come across with the minimal fees necessary to keep this community afloat, the features of which so many of you access daily, and take woefully for granted, much less would you lift a finger to help a person to whom you so casually refer as a friend.

I am ashamed to continue my participation in such a group who, with a few very notable exceptions, appear to me to be shallow and self centered, and who, in my opinion, do not deserve to have access to the support available here, which they so blatantly abuse and steadfastly refuse to reciprocate.
    • 773 posts
    September 10, 2005 3:29 AM BST
    The situation in New Orleans demonstrates what we can do when we all pull together. Lots of little bits can make one big whole. I know that we have all dug deep to help the displaced victims of Katrina. Let's show what we can do if we dig al ittle deeper to help our sisters Brandi and Lexi in their hour of need. Poverty is literally killing these poor girls, who give so much of themselves to all of us in the form of their love and support. Let's give them something back. If everyone here gives a mere $10 (that's only a fiver to you UK gals), we could raise an amount sufficient to really give Brandi and Lexi a much needed boost. Are we a community, or just a hodgepodge of random individuals? Brandi and Lexi wouldn't hesitate to do the same for you. Let's show them what we can do.
  • September 11, 2005 4:05 AM BST
    Wish there was something I could do. I'm severely depressed, have no support, and I'm being screwed over and tortured all the while by beaurocrats. In the mean time, I myself can't make ends meet, to the point where the last I heared from my electric and gas companies was their respective warnings of impending disconnection about three weeks ago.

Shame on me

Before anyone lmbasts me for saying this, please realise that the reason this comment upset me was purely because I do care and can do nothing.

Maybe I'm not as deserving of some kind of support - I'm certainly not asking for it. I don't feel I deserve to be sent on some kind of guilt trip though. I know it probably wasn't the intention of the comment, and this has probably been a snap reaction to it (my apologies if it is), but never the less that's how it made me feel, and I have some pretty serious problems of my own.

So, for my own peace of mind, if anyone here can't donate for whatever reason, don't worry about it. But if there's anybody here who is in a position to donate even a penny to these poor girls and refuses to, please don't have the audacity and ego to ask for support in future - you don't deserve it.
    • 773 posts
    September 11, 2005 12:56 PM BST
    Don't feel too badly Rhia. I'm sure there are many in your situation. I get the impression, though, that you are in the minority among our members. I know that times are tough. I live paycheck to paycheck, as we all do, and lately those paychecks have been few and far beteween. But, as I said in my earlier post, if a lot of people donate a small amount each, it can add up to a substantial sum. I also agree with Rhia's assertion that those who are able to contribute, but who refuse or fail to do so may want to consider how they might feel if they were in a position similar to that of Brandi and Lexi, then click on the "donate" button, and do your part.

In answer to Anna's question, we will gladly accept help from anywhere on earth, in any form of currency, pounds, euros, drachmas, rubles, francs, rupees, scheckels, pesos, yen. You name it, we'll accept it. Also, don't let the lack of a Paypal or credit account stop you. We have set up an account to receive your checks and international money orders via post at:
    Chevy Chase Bank
    c/o Gloria Glover
    1734 Yorks Rd.
    Please don't delay. Please give today. I know that Brandi and Lexi would do the same for you without hesitation.
    http://www.trannytelevisi[...]lp.html

Thanks
    • 773 posts
    September 12, 2005 12:47 AM BST
    International money orders are available at your local post office. Good question, Anna. Thanks for your support!
    • 2463 posts
    August 7, 2005 1:11 PM BST
    Let me add a few remarks:

Brandi is, as described by Robyn, an absolutely wonderful person. I hate to see her in pain like this, and her roomie as well. I sent Brandi a card a little while ago to help her feel better, and now I find this out.

Anything you can do will help, even if it is just words of encouragement. Brandi is a very appreciative person, no matter how "little" or "much" someone does for her.

I will do what I can.
    • 2068 posts
    August 7, 2005 2:36 PM BST
    i'm so sorry to hear that Mere...i'm always ready and willing to help our sisters in need, and i reckon all of us UK girls will too.Brandi sounds like such a wonderful person who does not deserve what life's givin her.Tell her from me...just hang in there girl, there are a lot of us girls in the UK that are with you every step of the way. love and xxxxxxxxx anna-marie
    • 2627 posts
    August 7, 2005 9:49 PM BST
    Refresh this thread daily so it doesn't get lost. In a short time it will not be listed in new threads.
    • 2463 posts
    August 8, 2005 2:05 PM BST
    Good idea about keeping this fresh. I should write to Brandi again anyway.

• 2463 posts
    August 14, 2005 4:20 AM BST
    I MUST SAY THIS

Brandi is beyond incredible. Her heart is so big. Here she is, recovering from a terrible experience, and she offered her help to ME in my hour of need. She wrote me the most tear-jerking e-mail, about being by my side. This goes with what went on the other day when y'all thought I was going to ace myself.

This is Brandi. A selfless, wonderful girl. We've all heard the phrase about giving the shirt off of one's back. If Brandi had only one shirt and someone needed it, she'd give it.
    • 2068 posts
    September 10, 2005 10:04 PM BST
    hi robyn, i have a question for you hun...is this primarily a US thing, or can us girls from the UK contribute too. I daresay there'll be a few who will, but like myself were'nt sure. i've heard a lot about brandi, mainly from meredith..sounds like she's the kind of girl who'd do anything for anyone...and now she needs our help. just let me know if it's ok...and a donation will be on it's way across the pond. as for those who won't do anything...SHAME ON YOU ALL!

Love Anna-Marie...one UK girl who DOES care
    • 2068 posts
    September 11, 2005 5:41 PM BST
    Robyn hun, another question....how do you go about getting a money order, as i've never used one before? once i know how to, one will be winging it's way to you!

Love to you, brandi and lexi xxxxxxxxx - Anna-Marie