Perfume

• August 20, 2005 1:42 AM BST
    Does anyone use any particular fragrance?
    I had heard that perfume works differently with male hormones and doesn't smell the same.
    I was thinking of just getting some 'impulse' underarm as i always loved the smell of that lol.
    God that sounds pikey!
  • August 27, 2005 3:10 PM BST
    I wear impulse every day. my favorite is vive. but have others too. just a matter of buying one every trip to the shops, n trying them till one smells good on you. or take a girlfriend in to try them out. no one will notice. I like to smell feminine rather than masculine, n need something to go with my lip balm, n body shop soap etc... just a matter of experimenting i think.

you go girl.
  • September 1, 2005 9:18 AM BST
    My odor is Amour from Clarins. Quite expensive, though. A little bottle of eau de toilette costs 60 euro. But it is already a part of me and I cannot give it up.
    Already three female collegues have asked me what is the wonderful perfume I have...

Laura
    • 2 posts
    December 4, 2006 2:43 PM GMT
    i'm all over the place with my scents, lol, letting mood and circumstances dictate. i own botttles of Grace by Philosophy and Sunflower, along with some samples, including Fracas and Lacoste Inspiration, that came with orders from Sephora. i find Grace to be light, refreshing and something i can get away with in general. the others are a bit more intense, but i love the headiness that comes with Inspiration
    • 1195 posts
    December 30, 2006 4:54 AM GMT
    Bunny You certainly received some great responses from scented ladies.
    I, unfortunately, lost my scence of smell when I was 14. It can be quite imbarrassing at times. Luckily, my wife helps me with any cologne or perfume. She says you can't go by how the perfume bottle smells it has to be on your skin....so we try a bit of this and a bit of that. Great fun.
    • 1083 posts
    January 8, 2007 6:28 PM GMT
    Generally, I avoid perfumes on a daily basis; just a bit of deodarant and I'm good to go.

When I do wear perfume, it's either Liz Claiborne (somewhat woodsy) or Zen from Shiseido (gentle, with a hint of sandalwood). I prefer Zen, but cheap it's not.

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina
    • 1980 posts
    August 30, 2005 6:17 AM BST
    Hi Bunny-

Most cosmetics counters have little sample bottles of their scents out on the counter. Just scoop up a couple as you cruise through and try them out till you find one you like. Most advice I've read says you should find one that works for you and let it be your "signature" scent. I don't do well at following advice, though, so I'm always trying new ones. My current fave is one by Avon called Karmala. Ummmm...love it.

Hugs...Joni
    • 1652 posts
    September 1, 2005 1:45 AM BST
    I like the Avon ones too Joni, they always have a few "scratch and sniff" in their catalogues, always very um, provocative. I do tend to stick to my "signature scent" though, which is The Body Shop vanilla flavoured body mist, It's yummy. I aslo use Palmolive soft vanilla deodorant, so I tend to walk around smelling like an ice-cream or a bowl of custard.
    Eat me, she cried.
    xx
    • 1980 posts
    September 1, 2005 1:46 PM BST
    Hi Lucy-

Well, since my wife and I are Avon reps, I'm somewhat partial to their line but I'm willing to try anything. And how funny about the vanilla thing, I have a vanilla scented spray that I love. I wear it to work all the time and get compliments from the girls there who ask me what it is so they can buy some for their husbands. If they only knew.<lol> It's just a very inexpensive scent I picked up off a counter in a drugstore somewhere.

Personally I love trying different scents from floral to musky and in between.

Hugs...Joni
    • 1652 posts
    September 1, 2005 5:29 PM BST
    I like musk too Joni.
    You're an Avon rep? How wonderful! I wish you'd drop in some time. Do they still do that, house calls? Ding dong, Avon calling, as the advert used to go...
    xx
    • 2573 posts
    December 5, 2006 7:12 AM GMT
    I have a very strong response to OPIUM.. Just the scent in the air has an effect on me. I still have to find out what it smells like on me. Remember, copies/fakes are different and must be tested independently

However,, as was pointed out, perfumes (any scented material) reacts differently to the body chemistry of each person. There are androgenous scents that work well for both sexes as well as both genders. STETSON, for example.

Remember, there is a reason that scents come in small bottles. They degrade over time and many are only good for 6 months. I don't know if dark/cold will extend that but my chemistry backround tells me they will.
    • 2017 posts
    December 11, 2006 9:01 AM GMT
    CK for both sexes works well. I also use Hugo Boss and another one which I borrow from my wife but can never remember the name!!! Elle???