newbie alert...

• August 25, 2005 12:15 PM BST
    jeezo... it took me long enough to pick what kind of indicator i wanted for this message... ok i'm new here... and not entirely sure of what to do... i am girl... born and bred... but need to find out about being male... need help with finding places to go... sites to visit... secrets on hiding my bust... you know? i'm sorry if i have come to the wrong place... i just thought it best to ask here... the site is fab x good work ladies... keep it up
  • August 25, 2005 12:39 PM BST
    Elspeth,

Good to have you onboard, it will be interesting to hear the experiences of someone approaching this from the other side of the fence.

Although the bulk of the site is more MTF than FTM I'm sure you'll make friends, find out more about yourself and feel quite at home here. Relax and be yourself, ask questions and if you have a view on something feel free to add it to the mix.

Hope to see you around and look forward to hearing more about your side of the transgender world.

Alex
    xxxx
  • August 25, 2005 1:05 PM BST
    Hi Elspeth

It is easy for me to understand you, because we both have the same problem to be solved. I have solved mine and live now my life as a woman. In my country we have one patient organization for both M2F and F2M people and I know quite many transmen from there. Sometimes we have had a beer together and they all are gentlemen and nice, with a great sense of humour. That is needed in this process, where you must be able to laugh at yourself.
    I hope you find what you are looking for including friends and your future life.

Hugs

Laura
    • 121 posts
    August 25, 2005 2:18 PM BST
    Hi Elspeth and welcome.Although I'm a ts girl,due to a medical condition whereby my testes did not produce testosterone I went through a female puberty.Up until last march I was living as a woman but working as a male,so i can understand a little of what it's like having to hide your boobs either by strapping or wearing baggy clothing.I'm now working as a woman and as you can imagine life is that much better.If I can help you in any way no matter how little,please don't be affraid to mail me,lots of love Alli,xxx
  • August 25, 2005 4:46 PM BST
    thanks, i am quite excited about this new venture i'm taking... and am lucky enough to have full support of my dearest friends and my lovely girl if u have any tips on websites or even groups or conventions i can go to... or books to read that would be great... and u know things to buy or whatever... i am very new to this as u know but i feel it's important to do xxx
  • August 25, 2005 5:49 PM BST
    If only science was clever enough to swap brains... I'd send you an email in a shot. lmao

Have fun around the forums, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.
  • August 25, 2005 7:26 PM BST
    Hi Elspeth.
    I am new here too but i have found this a great site.
    I would love to welcome you by saying that if you have any questions, no matter how embarrasing i will gladly answer or give a truthfull opinion.

Best
    Bunny
  • August 26, 2005 5:03 PM BST
    feelin better already and i have a beautifully warm smooshy feeling in my tummy... thanks guys... and u can have my body... i'm now accepting auctions on ebay problem is... people don't like it if it's stretched... they want a kate moss androgynous affiar... not my clunky young tank anyway I jest... but it's wonderful to feel so supported... and i will have a bazillion questions... my trouble is where to start... i want to maybe try going out in a bunch of folk who also cross dress for my first time as it's scary, but i have no idea where to go or how to meet these people... maybe i should just take the first baby steps myself... what u ppl think? oh and by the way, have any of u seen hedwig and the angry inch? u must have... but it's amazing.. so encouraging... it's a cynical and bitter, yet sweet and tender impression of the life of a man forced into womanhood... and some of u should read the passion of new eve by angela carter... postmodernist, fab and stunningly beautiful novel love n hugs els... (p.s. yes... i am pretentious, but only in the best possible way)
  • August 28, 2005 2:03 PM BST
    thank you miss joni... if that's u in ur pic... i think u look fab i feel heavily supported and safe when i come one here... two mins ago i was having a panic attack about family stuff... came on here and am now calm. just looking at all your lovely messages and the way you have all responded is charming and lovely... anyhoo i am off to adventure round the world of the web... and this site x love to all you beautiful ladies x
    • 1980 posts
    August 25, 2005 7:48 PM BST
    Hi Elspeth, welcome to the group. What a pretty and unusual name, I love it.

I think you will find lots of help and support here, we are open to everyone and you will never get turned away or scorched for talking about gender related issues. Other things, like especially politics, will get the fur flying but we are all very open about helping each other when it comes to what really counts. So to answer your question, yes, you're in the right place and in my opinion the best place on the web for people like us. (Thank you, Katie!)

Hugs...Joni
    • 1652 posts
    August 26, 2005 12:49 AM BST
    Hi Elspeth and welcome. I would happily swap my body with yours if that were possible...
    I hope you will find help here of some description. Do stick around, you're not the first f2m that's been here but there haven't been many so far. Good luck in your quest.
    xx
    • 2573 posts
    August 26, 2005 8:30 AM BST
    Elsbeth....Hey Dude! Welcome to TW. Home of the friendliest TG Folk on the Internet. Here you only need to be who you are. Ok, sometimes we get bitchy but mostly we work things out.

By the way, don't accept any of these flighty offers for a body swap. I guarantee my body looks less femme than these other pretty girls so you will be getting the best boy-body from me. :-D Ok, it's got a few miles on it. BAH! Ethics suck. So, Joni, that's why you kept me on the phone for an hour....so you could get in your offer first on cable while my dial-up was tied up. Just kidding, sis. I know you would clone me a copy so we could be twin sisters. <hugs>
    • 1980 posts
    August 26, 2005 6:07 PM BST
    Hi Elspeth (just love that name, so pretty), glad you're here. And of course warm and smooshy's what it's all about.<g> I have it all the time here on TW.

As far as being f2m, there isn't much advice I can personally offer on specifics, though I suppose having spent much of life as a male (or at least going through the motions) may qualify me to speak to issues such as when it's okay to belch among friends and so on. And the scratching thing.

But seriously, perhaps more than anything, Elspeth, what you'll find here on TW is acceptance and support. We all know what it's like feeling uncomfortable in your own skin and knowing there's someone else inside you struggling to make themselves known. Please don't ever be afraid to ask for help or just share your feelings about how things are going for you. Okay?

And Wendykins, I did not keep you tied up on the phone in order to make a swap offer. Actually I'm okay with my bod despite the high mileage issue and would only like to make a few modifications and maybe install some after market equipment in order to make it more suitable for certain performance requirements including non-standard external accessories. I would only like to be slightly shorter, slightly thinner, curvier, lots more hair (on my head, thank you), and be able to do the walk better. <G>

Hugs...Joni
    • 1980 posts
    August 28, 2005 4:41 PM BST
    <blush> Thank you, Elspeth.

Hugs...Joni