Do breast pills work the ones from ebay?

• August 30, 2005 4:51 AM BST
    During a late night ebay search, I noticed someone people are selling breast pills, they use herbs, I think.

I was wondering if anyones bought these and do they work or could anyone reccomed anything similar?
    • 134 posts
    August 30, 2005 11:58 PM BST
    dont waste your money lucy! if you want feminizine, then go to transglobaldrug's site. there is a link from this site. I use them they sell real stuff & are quick & reliable with reasonable cost.
    Ive been on hormones for 9 months now & am very pleased with the results.
    angel xx
  • August 31, 2005 12:47 AM BST
    Thank you

I kinda felt they where useless, its worth noting I posted that post after around 30 something sleeepless hours.

• 1652 posts
    August 30, 2005 12:09 PM BST
    Some general advice, based on my own experiences:
    There’s no such thing as a “breast pill” really; hormones whether natural, synthesised or herbally derived work by getting into the bloodstream and targeting receptors throughout the body. Breast growth is perhaps the most noticeable effect though. I’ve tried herbal based hormones in the past, they are hugely expensive and have little to no effect, so take my advice and don’t bother with these.
    Oestradiol is effective and considerably cheaper, it can be bought easily and legally online, otherwise (in the UK) you would need a prescription for it. The most sensible advice would be to see a GP, but he isn’t allowed to prescribe female hormones to men (at least for feminisation purposes). It may vary between health authorities but the system is normally that the GP refers you to a local psychiatrist who then refers you to a gender clinic, who then asses you over a period of time before (hopefully) prescribing hormones or authorising your GP to do so. It’s a bit of a palaver and I know of girls on this site who are still waiting for referral to the gender clinic after more than a year. I saw my GP in March and have my appointment with Charing Cross in November. Perhaps as good as it gets with the NHS.
    If you’re not transsexual however, and don’t wish to live full time as a woman (SRS is not essential I believe), you are unlikely to get such a prescription.
    Lots of people will jump down my throat if I say that oestradiol is a reasonably safe drug to take, as long as it’s done sensibly. You can get your blood pressure checked on the NHS if you so desire, and there are companies online that will do tests for hormone levels. My GP and the local psychiatrist both said that it’s not particularly essential to test hormone levels, you can have the “right” levels in your blood but that is no guarantee of desired effects since we are all different. “If it seems like it’s working it probably is”, said my GP. Those are opinions of medical practitioners and I neither condone them nor disagree.
    Using oestradiol in a gel applied to the skin is almost certainly an even safer method of administration, since it avoids any possible effects on the liver which the tablets might have. As long as you’re sensible, in good health, don’t drink heavily and don’t smoke, then frankly I would ignore those who say self-medicating can be fatal. It can be if you’re stupid, it’s up to you. First thing to do is research. You can’t do too much of that in fact.
    If your breasts start to grow people will notice, so anyone self-medicating must be sure of what they actually want.
    I’ve achieved “partial feminisation” so far, verging on noticeable, so if I were to stop now those effects may or may not be reversed, but of course I’m not going to stop!
    Sorry I’ve rambled on but I believe “real” hormones are the only alternative to “magic breast pills”, and it’s not something anyone should take lightly.
    xx
  • August 30, 2005 12:52 PM BST
    Buy the extra large size bottle.

Divide equally between two old socks.

Stuff one in each bra cup.

Should work rather well as long as you can live with the faint sound of rattling every time some one "cops a feel" ...

I think Sandra's answer said it all.

C x

• August 30, 2005 9:15 PM BST
    Bouncing ..?

No Sarah mine would be young, firm, pert and .....

... oh who am I kidding, I'm reaching the age where I could probably throw them over my shoulder to keep them out of the porridge.

Cerys xx

(Coriander, now that's a useful herb)
    • 2627 posts
    August 31, 2005 4:39 AM BST
    It was not a useless question. I know have info I didn't have before.
    I also have a pitcher of Ceyrs in my head that will give me nightmares