Mail for a male

• September 5, 2005 9:05 AM BST
    Oh I got mad today. I received an info letter from the training centre of the TKK, my University...on my old male name.
    I emailed right away to the lady who had sent the letter and said my name is Laura, not Lauri and said she can check it in the register of the University where it sais clearly that T. Laura Virve Natalia has got the architect´s diploma in August 1973.
    Somehow, it annoyes me much more than before. Here in our office people change, many of them not knowing my past, and then I receive this kind of letters which go through many hands here before landing in my letterbox. Blaaaaaah.

Laura
  • September 5, 2005 10:21 AM BST
    The answer came in less than an hour: "Dear Laura. Thousand thanks for your message, our data has been now corrected."
    So, it is now ok, but it would not have been fixed by its own.
    I must react at once every single time, as long as this happens.

Laura
    • 338 posts
    September 5, 2005 8:49 PM BST
    anything like this is a circus in the uk.. i changed my name years back, the worst was the bank.. there system wasn't setup of a male to change name upon marrige..

was 'female' on their system for a few mins so they could sort it out.. ha!

who said being a girl was a drag
  • September 6, 2005 6:40 AM BST
    In Finland there are two places which get the changes automatically from the central population register and those are the police and the army. All the other have separate registers to be updated per hand and will.
    So, I never had to inform the military about my name change or the official change of my sex. They know everything...

Laura
  • September 6, 2005 8:31 AM BST
    That the change of sex is not expected can be seen in our electronic bus cards. Some data can be changed in the existing card, some data is permanent. You can change the name, the adress but not the sex. So those who unexpectedly change their sex must buy a new card for 7 euro.

Laura
  • September 5, 2005 4:57 PM BST
    You'd think it would be easier for them to get it right, with the technology they have. I could understand it a couple of decades ago, but not now.