Mixed feelings

• September 13, 2005 6:01 AM BST
    Hi girls

After my srs in last October I stopped wearing my G-necklace (the symbol of both m2f and f2m transsexuals) and replaced it with a sun inside a heart. I felt I was no more transsexual, but a woman with a trans-past. Trans means getting across, I was no more getting across...I was there.
    Until my srs I showed openly my kind with my necklace and at least once it happened that a man in the train, opposite to me, had a long look at my G-necklace and gave me an understanding smile.
    Now I´m back in the closet again...and at the same time I´m not. I don´t talk about my past with nearly anyone, but many people are aware of my history. And many have no idea. I guess I must go on living still a quite long time with certain mixed feelings. Maybe I should just quit thinking about who possibly knows and who doesn´t and simply live my life as Laura and give everybody a happy big smile.

Laura
  • September 13, 2005 10:53 AM BST
    I guess you are right Sandra

Most men who would be interested in me are only after sex and many of the married to other women. Not very attractive to me. Luckily I´m okay with myself and actually I´m happy also like this, living alone. I have my children, their mates and many friends of my own.
    Still I have the odd feeling, one day I meet a man who likes to go to movies with me and eat the food I make...
    Time will show.

Laura
    • 588 posts
    September 13, 2005 1:20 PM BST
    The question of a close relationship... certainly is what saddens me most.
    Since my early twenties I have been ruling it out as simply impossible. And now, as you both are implying, what chances are there really ? As things were - the chance simply wasn't there. Being close is, after all, so much about honesty. Which means that now there is at least some hope, whatever small. Still, showing the world the face of a kind and smiling woman must make for somewhat better chances.

Linda