My Wedding Morning (sigh!)

• October 7, 2005 5:49 PM BST
    The very thought of getting married, the wedding day, and the institution of marriage opens up very complex issues for us t-girls. But many of us do dream of that Special day. Sometimes we dream about our possible life-partners, other times, oooohh... walking down the aisle dressed in a beautiful shimmery or lacy white gown...

Any girls here with special wedding dreams?

I paste another journal entry below. If the following seems sentimental, it's because i am an uncomplicated romantic without any hope of redemption lol

10am Sunday 5 June 2005
    opposite Jin Mao Tower
    Shanghai

In the great big park that stretched out before me were about a dozen or so wedding couples, each accompanied by a small gaggle of bridesmaids, family members, assorted friends, photographer and make-up artist carrying her little make-up case. I was told that this takes place every Sunday morning and has become a Shanghai institution.

The brides in their pretty gowns were frolicking, posing, blowing kisses, laughing, cajoling, floating...

A scene that warms my heart, but is really quite surreal.

I sat on the upper balcony of the cafe, my favourite spot across the road, transfixed by all the beautiful gowns... traditional beaded gown with full train, slimline chinese brocade gowns, delicately ruched and hand-beaded bustier with fully layered tulle skirts...

i could imagine myself sitting elegantly on the lawn too, being immortalised on film... in a perfectly tailored silk bustier and skirt finished with a sprinkle of swarovski crystals on the bustline... mmmm... i guess it still remains a dream...

jennifer lee
    • 2463 posts
    October 7, 2005 7:17 PM BST
    A girl can dream, can't she?