Voter registration

• 1195 posts
    October 15, 2005 8:23 PM BST
    This message is mainly for voters in Texas but it probably applies elsewhere.
    Next month there is an election of sorts - one of the items on the ballot is an attempt to stop what I call "open marriages" they're calling it "same sex marriages." In my humble opinion the whole issue is pittiful, unnecessary and it all comes down to "Money." The insurance companies don't want to pay survivor's benefits to people who have lived together for whatever reason. They have forced people to marry and now they want to specify who can get married.
    So, get registered and vote. The State of Texas is in this deplorable condition because many of us got fed up with the same old same old - but we gotta make some changes.
    I counted at lease 36 TW member from Texas - you don't have to be born here to vote- just normal residency requirements. Please - pretty please....
    love you all
    Mary Grace
    • 1195 posts
    October 18, 2005 3:09 PM BST
    Thanks Laura - you are not the only one to skip registering to vote - according to the last poll 79 million eligable adults who didn't register - that tells me that the wrong people are getting into office and screwing us royally. Bush was elected by 28% of the eligable voters - Hitler did better in 1932, he got 30%.
    The second reason I want you to register is that "Kinky" Friedman (remember the rock band) is going to run for gov in 2006 as an independent - he needs our support.
    Must be my Irish heritage - I resist authority.
    Mary Grace