Bad day - echoes from the past

• October 25, 2005 11:32 AM BST
    Today I was twice reminded of my past. First there was a phone call from another city, a group of city planners would like to have me as their guide at our residetial areas: "Didn´t you get my email?" No I did not...she had sent it on my OLD name and it had vanished into the bit space. And I had to explain to her that there is no such person existing...difficult to grasp for her. My name is LAURA...she understood it very very slowly. And then I got an email on my old name from a member of our city council. They could check our names every now and then, this happens now, nearly 2 years after my name change. This gets my mood DOWN today....this in not a nice day.

Laura
  • October 25, 2005 12:11 PM BST
    The surprising and the depriming is that this happens after long silent periods. You start to think you are clear off...and then it strikes again on a moment you least expect it to happen.

Laura
  • October 26, 2005 6:28 AM BST
    The city council member apologized already yesterday...it was a printing error, according to him. And this morning I contacted my email operator and asked them to make my email settings so that emails on my old name would be returned to the sender with the note "adress non-existing" or something similar. They promised to do that already one year ago, but yesterday showed that they had forgotten the whole matter. Now they acted quickly...and apologized as well .

Laura
  • October 26, 2005 9:04 AM BST
    I tried it and it came back with the note "The message could not be delivered". Yippeeeee...

Laura