Getting my wife more involved?

• 4 posts
    November 14, 2005 5:07 AM GMT

My wife and I have been married for 6 years. we had "dated" for about 2 years previously, if you could call it that. We met over the internet and talked constantly and visited 6 or 7 times before we got married.

Our marriage is very fulfilling except for our sex life. She doesn't see a problem with it, but I do.

Before we were married she already knew about my crossdressing. She knew I liked heels, skirts, lipstick and how I liked to wear those things. She accepted it but has never really gotten involved.

I'd like to find ways to make it more interesting for her. It doesn't turn her on but I would like to have her be more involved with my crossdressing. Perhaps going on a shopping trip, picking out my clothes and stuff like that.

I believe she thinks that the more she ignores it or doesn't acknowledge it that my crossdressing will just go away. It won't though. As each month goes by I want to do more and more.

Do I want to get a sex change? No...I love being a man. I feel sexy dressing in women's clothes and dressing as a woman. Let's face it, women are the sexier of the sexes.

I wish there was something I could do to help my wife be a little more involved with my sexual fantasies and desires as far as crossdressing goes.
    • 4 posts
    November 15, 2005 5:05 AM GMT

Sandra,

If that's what she wanted, that's what we would do. It's kind of a loaded question however. I've known my wife for 8 years(married 6). This isn't something she would want to do, ever.

I was upfront with my wife about my sexual desires and crossdressing before we got married.

I do talk to her about it when we do have the opportunity, but we usually end up in the same place in the conversation and don't make any progress.
    • 4 posts
    November 15, 2005 5:08 AM GMT
    Laura,

I think there are rocky roads in any marriage. We've had some here and there, but we're both level headed and can discuss issues with each other.

I have asked her alot about her fantasies and I have worked with her to have some of them come true.

I don't think there are any bigger issues other than for her to get over some inhibitions. Other than that, we are an awesome couple.
    • 4 posts
    November 20, 2005 3:47 AM GMT

Sarah,

Thanks! My wife and I have talked about it before, but it's something she has a hard time talking about. Today we talked a little about it and she doesn't have a problem with me wearing heels or panties. She says when I wear a bra it looks "comical".

Well, considering how much of a male I am, I can see her point. It's a starting point though.

I don't want to go out as a couple of girls. I'd like to just get dressed up for some role playing. Going out can be left to Halloween, which I am completely comfortable with.

It's a start and something to work with though. Thank you for your words of wisdom.
    • 141 posts
    December 28, 2005 7:58 PM GMT
    What, Theora, will be the payoff for your wife becoming more involved? True, the only path from where you are to where you want to be is dialogue. Dialogue that goes 'round and 'round though suggests that the real issues haven't been touched.

I'm always fearful of comments claiming to know in the absolute what your wife will or won't do. It is risky to imagine that a partner's attitudes are fixed like stone, they are much more like a stream flowing in a direction that can be altered dramatically by landslide, or a breach, of the banks we assume are so strong.

What is it she wants, Theora? The pun of your name suggest a very strong libido. What you have you say is already good. Why is it not good enough for you? Does posing new desires on her, suggest to her that she is inadequate or perhaps will be in this new realm. However small this demand may seem in your eyes, do you really know how large it is in hers? Keep in mind the parable of the camel and straw.

Good luck.