Birthday in Barcelona

• November 15, 2005 10:51 AM GMT
    I just came back from my birthday trip to Barcelona with my daughter Emma. Oh, it was FUN. We had a GOOD meal in a nice restaurant and Emma bought me a red rose and I got a nice card from her with the text "to the eternally young power lady with love from your daughter". When I returned home I noticed a parcel from my mom with a beautiful card "to my daughter Laura" and a scarf...I´m wearing it right now. This was her FIRST positive act about my process.
    Tomorrow I promised to offer sanwich-cake and sparkling wine to my work collegues...

Laura
    • 588 posts
    November 15, 2005 10:59 AM GMT
    Good to hear about your mom, Laura.

And Barcelona.. it's such a beautiful city too.

Linda
    xx
  • November 15, 2005 11:49 AM GMT
    Barcelona is really a very interesting city with super-friendly people. We spoke a latin mixture language, something between italian and spanish and managed just fine. You just have to stand looking a bit hopeless with a map in your hand and you get a nice gentleman ready to guide you along.
    A funny thing was that a lady asked me in spanish in which direction the Ramblas is....I cannot think I look very local...but maybe yes...there is a big ts community there....hehe.

Laura