Spironolactone?

• November 20, 2005 7:42 PM GMT
    I have considered taking Spirotone to reduce body hair growth and other masculine features. I have done some research and can't find all the answers i need. hope someone can shed some light on the subject. I don't really want to become too feminine because i don't plan on having SRS but i would like to be more feminine looking and still be able to pass as male. Is it safe to self medicate with this anti-androgen? Will it reduce sex drive or have any effect on my ability to have and obtain an erection? What other physical effects does it have other than reducing body hair. If i stop using it, are the effects reversible and are there any dangerous side effects from a sudden stop in medicating?

daniella
  • November 21, 2005 5:47 AM GMT
    What about osteoporosis? Is there a danger? I could imagine there is a certain risk if you have neither estro nor andro in your blood. I´m not sure, just raise the question.

Laura
    • 1652 posts
    November 24, 2005 1:05 PM GMT
    sound advice from sandra and laura.
    i would add that even with a high dosage, it's not likely to make a drastic difference to your body hair, i took it for a year and the (positive) effects are subtle at best. i've stopped now because i'm on a high enough dose of oestrogen to sufficently block testosterone.
    taking this on it's own is not a good idea, if you want to reduce testosterone you need to add oestrogen, the body needs hormones otherwise you're going to have problems.
    laser/IPL/electrolysis is the only way to reduce body hair safely without embarking on a complete course of hormones for several years.