Lost in the war - found again

• November 22, 2005 5:32 AM GMT
    Hehheeeee

This morning there was an email waiting for me from a former friend family. They were originally my ex`s friends and that´s why I counted them to the lost in the battle.
    Now they seem to appreciate also my friendship. That is a nice feeling.

Laura
  • November 22, 2005 6:53 AM GMT
    I guess my luck is the fact that I have kept my position at my job during and after my process. To average people that is a prove that "there is nothing wrong" with me. And it is a lot easier then to approach me than it would be if I was fired from the job, without a proper income and living "marginally" at the edge of the society. In that case it would be just too easy to say you get what you order.
    There are many sisters not this lucky, trying to get a job either in the middle of the process or after the process. Even among them I know a couple of success stories, but most of them must try much harder than other people.

Laura
    • 588 posts
    November 22, 2005 9:30 AM GMT
    Good to hear, Laura. Friends returning, and after a war, must feel nice. They're one single family, of course, but from all I've been reading about your experiences it does seem - like Sandra is saying - the finnish people are fairly broadminded. But I also agree with you that keeping onto a job makes a lot of difference. And in your case not just any job. Being an architect in Finland, and successful at it, is a major story in itself. Architecture does play a special role in your country. There seem to be a common understanding of, and a pride in it's importance.

Still, for me it's difficult to say if there's any difference between your country and mine when it comes to liberalmindedness. I do, after all, live on those outskirts of society. And I can only blame a very small group of norwegians for that. I had my war too when my parents separated at the end of my study years and I lost most of my relatives. It has been kind of a liberating experience, but with a price. Somehow I think "the vatican" might be a fitting description of the way I grew up. Where I come from people weren't liberalminded at all.

Linda
    xx
  • November 22, 2005 9:50 AM GMT
    Now I´m mailing back and forth with the mother of this refound family. She told me she had tried first with my old name, got the mail returned, then opened the site of my office, found my new name and tried again. So, she had NO idea about my process before today. This shows that my ex cannot deal with it, she says simply to everyone we are divorced and thats it. I had to send now many emails in order to settle down the shock of my first answer, which I sent thinking they MUST know. Gosh.

Laura
    • 588 posts
    November 22, 2005 9:53 AM GMT
    Wow!
    That could still be good news somehow, couldn't it ?

Linda
  • November 22, 2005 10:08 AM GMT
    Yes, it CAN be good. I warned this lady to keep quiet about this all to my ex´s direction. Revealing this to her would only cause a primitive reaction and I would get from her again messages as "I´ll call the police if you don´t let my friends in peace".

Laura
  • November 24, 2005 5:49 AM GMT
    We sure have .

Laura
    • 2463 posts
    November 22, 2005 1:47 PM GMT
    Hmmmm.......you have an ex, and I have a probably-soon-to-be-ex, they're both spiteful, and we're both TS.

We really have a lot in common, don't we?