Ready for the party

• November 25, 2005 5:05 AM GMT
    This morning I took my red dress, BIG earrings, italian shoes plus other necessary items along to job, because we start our X-mas party already at 5PM, right after job. We girls change here at the office and last year we did our make up together (with giggle). My closest friend in the party is my collegue Marjo, among friends "Mandy". She is dark, slim and tall like me and a party girl. And funny. We were cabinmates on the Riga cruise last year and we had FUN together...even male visitors in our cabin. With Mandy always something happens...

Laura
    • 588 posts
    November 25, 2005 9:18 AM GMT
    Christmas party... if it's anything like the norwegian "julebord" - and I guess it is.. - you certainly will have your FUN, Laura

Linda
  • November 25, 2005 10:49 AM GMT
    We sit in long tables and have a warm meal with beer or wine...and then we dance. The band has been a secret so far, it should be a big surprise.
    Our x-mas party committee has had many meetings and they have produced a special program with many surprises.
    Last year they showed the film "The Sixth Floor Connection" in which we (from the 4th and 5th floor) wondered if there could be intelligent life existing on the 6th floor (the general plan floor). It was soo good we all laughed with tears in our eyes.

Laura
    • 588 posts
    November 25, 2005 11:28 AM GMT
    A bit more civilized than what usually happens here, perhaps. Though I can't actually say I have experienced too much of it myself. At the architects office I worked five years ago I didn't even go to the party, and a month later I could not work anymore. But I do remember people talking about the party after the weekend. It did sound like fun, but I could not picture myself as taking part in it. Makes perfect sense now, of course.
    But that "Sixth Floor Connection".. I do think I can imagine.
    Makes me smile.

Linda
  • November 25, 2005 12:15 PM GMT
    I remember one party in a private architecture office in the good old days. It was located downtown in the top floor where there had been (they said) a bra factory before. During the party it got that wild that someone made an open fire in the middle of the rough concrete floor. And then others came with water to kill the fire...and succeeded. Somewhat later a lady from downstairs was at the door and said there is beer coming through the ceiling. The water had naturally coloured itself brown and the lady cleverly concluded: architects - it must be beer.

Laura
  • November 27, 2005 10:29 AM GMT
    Geeee...

I got to the final "the best outfit of the evening" with five others, out of over one hundred. Not bad. But did not win...even though my supporting group shouted from my table "Laura, Lauraaaaa!!!". I danced with Harri, the most wanted man of the dept. among us ladies. Fun, FUN.

Laura
  • November 28, 2005 12:10 PM GMT
    Here you get the feeling of the party....

Laura