Hello, I am Rachel Stevens

• December 11, 2005 1:48 AM GMT
    Hello.

Just a quick message to wish you well.

This is a great site as I guess you know.
  • November 27, 2005 11:10 PM GMT
    I guess I should had came here first and introduced myself. As you know, my name is Rachel Stevens and has been since I renamed myself when I was a child. I am here to find acceptance for who I am. I am not here looking for sex. Other sites seemed to be just meatmarkets and not at all what I am looking for. Some men can just be soooo vulgar and rude. I only wish to find friends and be able to help others as I myself need the same help. I am also trying to find a way to come out of the closet and live my life as Rachel. I feel that it is going to be sooooo hard to do and fear what the negative effect will have on my health as I am also living with AIDS (the results of unsafe sex with men I barely knew. PLEASE, if you must, always be safe) . I really hope that I can also meet other girls who are also poz and find support through them.
    It is a big world and there are millions of us who struggle with gender issues so to find a site like this where guys and other girls are not trying to get into our panties is a paradise. I wish everyone nothing but the best and hope to make lots of friends with the most wonderful kind of people in the world.
    LuvHugKis, Rachel
    • 773 posts
    November 28, 2005 12:12 AM GMT
    Rachel, welcome to Trannyweb. You are very brave, and I know that you will find the support you seek here. I have known numerous girls over the years who have succumbed to the virus, and I am sure there are HIV+ members here at TW with whom you can share. If there's anything the sisters here can do, don't hesitate to ask.
    • 121 posts
    November 28, 2005 7:33 AM GMT
    Hi Rachel-and welcome.Like Robyn says I too think you're very brave.You have come to the right place in finding like minded girls to help you.I myself am now living and working ful time as Allissande-if I can be of any help to you just ask.Take care lots of love Allissande,xx
  • December 1, 2005 2:24 PM GMT
    Hi Sweetie and welcome to our circle of friends called TW. I know you will find more support here than one person could possibly absorb. But hon, ask, listen and most answers will eventually come to you. You are a beautiful sister to share with us. You know, there is someone out there for all of us. Love.....Wendy Michelle
    • 7 posts
    December 5, 2005 10:37 PM GMT
    Rachel, I have been on this site off and on for the past year but only recently became a full time paying member. This is the site of non-judgmental friends. It can be INCREDIBLY lonely out there for those of us who are "gender confused." [Smile]. With AIDS or HIV, it can only be worse. Stay with us, share your thoughts, your feelings, your fears and I believe you will get the reassurance you seek, you need and you deserve.

God bless, April
  • December 5, 2005 11:44 PM GMT
    April, since I have been here it has been an amazing source of strength as I am looking to come out and live as I was meant to as I have never been" confused" as to what my true identity is as I have always identified myself female not male. Like yourself, I am sure. I somewhat feel that I live in some kind of secret society separated by a thin veil. On one side are those like us and those who know of us as we really are and on the other side are those who know of us but do not see us as we really are. Somewhat like the story from the Genisis album Trick of the Tail. We are here but invisible. Seeing movies such as Transamerica hitting the mainstream movie screens is uplifting in a lacy corset to say the least. Not to mention such events as an upcoming pageant in Las Vegas that got shown on a national entertainment show as they followed a girl as she went home to her family before going to LV. I believe that society in whole is moving along at a very fast clip in its ability to accept others or at least tolerate. It is family and friends that seem to be our biggest obstacle in coming out and showing our real selves. We somehow have adapted their view of who they believe us to be and it is hard to get past that, all the while your entire life you know who you are. This is a great place to feel accepted and not have to lie about your true gender. I was always amazed at how liberal Asian societies are accepting to others and not view gender as to the external self. When in the Phillipines 1981, I just luuuuuved talking to the girls. They just seemed to know that I was the same as they were. Just loved dressing up pretty after being at sea for a month on a Navy ship. Ohmygawd it was so much fun. Anyways, I read with interest Jennifer Lee's article and wished that all societies could lift the veil that surrounds us.
    LuvHugKis, RachelnGarters.
  • December 12, 2005 5:27 AM GMT
    Dear Lucy, thank you ever so much for the wish. You are so sweet as are all the girls here. I did my first visit to the therapist last week and everything went so good. I see her again on the 21st.
    • 1980 posts
    November 28, 2005 3:25 PM GMT
    Hi Rachel-

Welcome to our little family, girl. I too applaud your courage and I completely understand your feelings. TW is the best place on the web for girls like us, you'll find lots of friends and good advice and encouragement here. And as you know we are lucky to have Katie who takes good care of us all the time.

Glad you're here.

Hugs...Joni
    • 2463 posts
    November 28, 2005 4:22 PM GMT
    Rachel, while I have responded to your posts elsewhere, I'll also say something here.

Welcome to TW. I am sorry about your HIV. Just know that you are not alone. We are here to help.

Like you, I'm not here looking for a date, either. Sometimes those tranny admirers need to read my profile before sending me suggestive messages.

Welcome, and take care.

Mere
    • 2463 posts
    December 5, 2005 11:48 PM GMT
    Rachel, it was TW here that gave me the courage to start coming out. I've been a member almost two years now. Without these girls I wouldn't have accomplished so much in terms of my being transsexual.

The girls here are filled with love, acceptance, and a ready shoulder in case we need to cry. Lord knows I've cried on quite a few shoulders. And I would like to think I'm there should anyone need me.

Mere