Coming out to best mate

• 195 posts
    January 24, 2003 12:00 AM GMT
    I have come out to everyone - My best friends were upsat that I had not trusted them enough to tell them years ago - but they now understand and accept me completely - Most of my faminly are fine though some don't want their frineds to know - Getting a bit difficult that one as I have been getting myself on the Telly a bit recently.  

My Brother doesn't like it - asked me not to visit him on his birthday -Well he knows where I am if he ever wants to contact me again - if he doesn't - I won't miss him - Simple rules - this is me - you can accept me or reject me - but there are no other options and no compromise.

Anyone who cannot accept you for who you are does not deserve your friendship  
    • 539 posts
    January 2, 2003 10:53 PM GMT
    Phyliss, your post just confirms my belief that coming out will show who your real friends are; evidently your friend in New York was not a true friend.  I came out to my best friend, whom I have known since childhood, and he has been supportive, albeit somewhat (understandably) reluctantly.  A few other friends were immediately supportive, and one even prefers the new me.  I guess I have been lucky so far.

Heather H.
  • January 2, 2003 2:03 PM GMT
    HI GIRLS, I CAME OUT TO MY BEST FRIEND IN NEW YORK ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO.I SPOKE TO HIM ON THE PHONE TRYING TO EXPLAIN TO HIM WHAT I WAS GOING THROUGH..AFTER ABOUT 10 HOURS OF PHONE TALK,MY BEST FRIEND OF 18 YEARS ,A MAN WITH A MASTERS DEGREE FROM PRATT UNIVERSITY IN NYC SAID "LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT ,MY BEST FRIEND PHILIP TURNED QUEER ON ME?"  "O.K SO CALL ME EVERY NOW & AGAIN TO LET ME KNOW YOU'RE ALIVE ,GOODBYE"  HOW WONDERFULLY ENLIGHTENED OF HIM,TO CARE ENOUGH ABOUT ME TO EVEN LISTEN(YEAH RIGHT!!!)) I TOLD HIM TO F/O  >  SOME FRIEND......PHYLISS
    • 5 posts
    January 1, 2003 5:22 PM GMT
    Oops, it must of been much longer than 5-6 years ago when we were camping out. Forget how old I am at times. Must have been at least 14 years ago.  I don't recall how I explained it. Just experimenting and messing about, we did all kinds of crazy stuff (not all related to my love of crossdressing). He did suspect and figured I was gay.
    • 5 posts
    January 1, 2003 7:08 AM GMT
    Hi all,

Tonight (New Years Eve) I came out to my best mate.  He did suspect something (about 5-6 years ago when we used to occasionally set up tents in each others gardens and stay out I applied eyeshadow and lipstick to him, me and his younger brothers - he thought I was probably gay)

I had told my twin sister when I visited her a few weeks ago. Although surprised at first. She did recall the few times I had previously tried to tell her. Since then shes then cool and even bought me a load of makeup as Christmas presents.

While out drinking I told my mate I had something important to tell him (planning on telling him next week after his cousin had returned to the UK). On returning home I went in to get some more drink before heading back to his house, I showed him what I thought was the  photo in which I was least recognisable saying she was a friend!  He figured it was me straight away. He looked through all the photos at least twice before confronting me.  I admitted it was me and  he was totally fine about and thought the photos looked really good.  I suggested I dress for him sometime which again he said would be fine.

We then continued our conversation till 6.30 this morning (my sister joined for a while) abouy me and my feminine side. I also dressed in 2 of my dresses aswell as appling some lipstick  :D
    I was too tired to really go to town with a makeover at that hour of the morning and how much drink I'd had.

All in all I feeling great. I've now told my twin sister and my best mate and both appear to very supportive.  I still have to decide where I go next.  He did offer to go shopping with me, or go out with me while dressed if I wanted somebody to accompany me.

Hope you girls had a good New Year!
  • January 1, 2003 6:35 PM GMT
    Oh, that's O.K.  I guess some things don't seem like they were that long ago. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/fashionlab/Images/Smileys/Smile01.gif
  • January 1, 2003 3:17 PM GMT
    That's good news. I'm glad things worked out. However, that business about setting up tents and wearing makeup confused me a bit. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/fashionlab/Images/Smileys/Laugh01.gif  Were you camping out (no pun intended)? What was your excuse for playing with makeup? Forgive my curiosity, but it sounds interesting, especially considering you were around 20 at the time. Your friend had to suspect something.  http://mywebpages.comcast.net/fashionlab/Images/Smileys/Smile01.gif