Just joined

• February 2, 2006 5:56 PM GMT
    Hi everyone,
    I'm Rikki or Renee and I just joined last week. It's taking sometime to get caught up with all the messages here so I'm just now contiributing some of my own.
    I'm hoping this forum is active and engaging with lots of positive support for everyone that finds their way here. So far, it seems that way.
    I identify as a full time cross dresser. It's only been the last 5-6 years that I ever thought of living full time. I'm doing it because I want to, I prefer to live as female and feel much more comfortable presenting that way.
    I have never felt like a man traped in a woman's body, or hated being a man or had a desire to alter my body surgically.
    I don't seem to fit into the typical life stories of transexual women that have felt they had to make these changes, that suffered depression and that needed to correct the mistake of being born in a male body.
    I honor those who have gone through that or are in that process and because of the differences between us do not call my self a transexual.
    Some of you may disagree and it would be interesting to hear what you have to say about this.
    I'm a sex positive, community positve, spitiruality positive tranny seeking to make the world a better place for us all with a particular interest in closeted cross dressers. I was there for so long and now if there is anything I can do to help open those door I'm ready to do it.
    I can go on and on but that's enough of an introduction for now
    Love and peace to you all and thanks for being here

Rikki
    • 773 posts
    February 2, 2006 7:04 PM GMT
    A big warm Trannyweb welcome to you, Renee. As Meredith said, we exist to support and serve people who represent the entire gender variant spectrum, a community every bit as diverse as "ordinary" society. Of course, despite this tremendous diversity, there are many common similarities among us, some of them downright astounding.

I hope that you will find the forums and chatroom to be environments conducive to the stimulating exchange of ideas of all kinds, and I think I speak for one and all when I say that we welcome and look forward to your enthusiatic participation, and hope that you will come to consider Trannyweb, as we do, to be your home on the web.
  • February 3, 2006 1:26 AM GMT
    Rikki,
    Yes just be you're self and you'll fit in just fine!! There are alot of great people to meet and talk to here! As well as alot of good information! *smiles*
    Welcome to TrannyWeb!!!!!! It's always nice to see another new one! Get a full membership and you'll have access to alot more!

*hugs*

~Valerie xx
  • February 3, 2006 6:48 AM GMT
    Ricki,

Welcome to TW!

The whole "label" thing gets confusing, so I just sometimes lump us all together in my own brain as WE ("WhatEvers"). It makes it simpler as we are all in this together, anyway.

Take care, Hon!

Hugs,

Kari
    • 94 posts
    February 22, 2006 2:24 AM GMT
    Hello Rikki, Im also new here so welcome gurlie.

~Kisses.

HTG
    • 2463 posts
    February 2, 2006 6:35 PM GMT
    Hi Renee,
    First, welcome to Trannyweb. You'll find this to be a great place.

As for disagreeing with you, you stated your position quite clearly. If you do not feel you are TS, then there is no problem. There are plenty of people here who do not identify themselves as transsexual, and that is who they are. I prefer to think of them all as my friends/sisters and not worry about their classification.

As for "typical" life stories, there are none. There is no typical transsexual, or crossdresser, for that matter. We all have different stories to tell. To be certain, some aspects may be identical, but that stops with the individual person.

Feel free to be who you are.
    • 2573 posts
    February 2, 2006 10:17 PM GMT
    Rikki, welcome to TW.

If you want a label for yourself, besides transgendered, you might look at transgenderist and see if it fits.

The others are right, just be yourself, you don't have to fit another designated pattern to be here.
    • 456 posts
    February 2, 2006 11:48 PM GMT
    Hi Rikki

Aklways nice to welcome new people to the site. Please join in and take full advantage of all that is on offer. There is lots of free advice and masses of helpful tips.
    • 1980 posts
    February 3, 2006 1:59 PM GMT
    Hi Rikki-

Welcome to TW, girl, so nice to have you here. And my apologies for being a bit late in welcoming you to the group, I really hope you like it here. My own feeling about it is that TW is the best place on the web for girls like us. I belong to a large number of groups, both online and in "real time", so to speak, and I consider TW to be home. The people here are awesome and there is a wealth of resources and information available.

And in many ways, I feel you and I are very much alike. I love my feminine side and being able to express it, but on the other hand, I don't hate being a man and I don't feel (just as you do) that I'm "a woman trapped in a man's body", in fact I hate that cliche, so Jerry Springer.<lol> I'm glad to be able to be my girlself when I want and my boyself when I want and like you I try to be positive in my life and in my dealings with others.

Hope you like it here, Rikki. My best wishes to you on your journey.

Hugs...Joni