HRT, the fourth year

• February 6, 2006 5:23 AM GMT
    I´m on my fourth HRT-year since last november. Has some other of you noticed that the development has the following stages: 1) skin 2) breasts 3) overall body shape?
    I have got most of my waist-hips-figures during my third year of my HRT. The changes go on, one friend I just met after 4 months said I had again changed during these last four months. I add here a sauna pic from last friday...sorry for the bad focus, but you get the point.

Laura
  • February 6, 2006 7:31 AM GMT
    The positive thing is: the changes really continue after two years. What I had heard was that about 80-90% of the changes will take place during the 2 first years of the HRT.
    Of course it can be my age that makes the changes spread out over more years. Anyway, I´m happy with the results so far. I pass in every situation, also naked, and that is the most important thing to me.

Laura
    • 588 posts
    February 6, 2006 10:21 AM GMT
    Pretty as a painting, Laura ! More than pretty really. Those curves... that's beauty. I guess that is what happens when "details join hands".

For me, after only four months, and on a rather insufficient estrogen patch, there isn't much but some small details, of course. My skin tone did change after a very short time on just a 50mcg test patch. That was from september 1. until october 16. After that I have been on a 100mcg patch. And this did give me some development. In 3-4 weeks my nipples and aureola grew somewhat and my sensitivity was greatly heightened. After this my breasts has grown a bit more, but not much. Seems to me that my bum may have a somewhat more rounded shape too.

Linda
    • 141 posts
    April 2, 2006 11:40 PM BST
    Laura and Sabina,
    I'm so glad that this thread has started. It is very timely for me and offers very interesting comparisons.

I am 52, 6' tall, 195 lbs. I have been on hormones now for 20 months (to March 31, 2006). I have been on 200mg/day of Spirolactone and 0.10mg/24hr of Estradiol-17ß for this period. I am under a doctor's care.

I am very concerned about what further development will occur for me at this level of estrogen and whether to consider an orchiectomy as I have seen dramatic results from that in two of my friends.

Changes seem to have stopped. I have developed a bust (photos will follow), my skin is softer (and bruises more easily and also becomes chapped much faster), my body hair growth has slowed somewhat - at best - and my facial contours have changed somewhat - verified by comments made to me.

An unfortunate side effect has been a weight gain to 195 lbs from about 180 lbs and a historic level (from age 30 to 45) of 165 lbs. I'd love to get back to that.

I only dream of changes to my shape such as you exhibit, Laura. I hope that my shape will continue to change. I am curious about your regimen.