To a gyneologist

• February 8, 2006 5:46 AM GMT
    I must order a time for a gyneologist or an endo next month. My hormone prescription is running out and I´m a regular woman, since last June, when I said goodbye to the governmental Womens Clinic.
    I think I pick out the doctors center close to my job. My problem is that even though I pass, I must explain my past to the doctor because I need a higher dosis of Estrofem than an average female patient. I have a treatment guideline sheet from the Womens Clinic in my purse for the case I must convince someone. It tells in clear words what it is all about and recommends daily Estrofem 6mg for "the next coming years". I wouldn´t mind even daily 8mg. What do you say about progesterone? Would it do anything? Worth while trying for a limited time? Does Androcur have any progesterone-type functions? I have a feeling my breasts were slightly larger when I still had Androcur. But that can be just losing overall weight now during the last few months.
    I´m just asking you in advance, so I know what is reasonable to suggest to the doctor. On the other hand it is normally no use to suggest anything to our doctors...they know always better .

Laura
  • February 8, 2006 7:32 AM GMT
    Thanks Sandra

I´ll ask for an additional progesterone prescription and see how it works, if unconvinient I´ll drop it off. What would be the right daily dosis?

Laura
    • 588 posts
    February 8, 2006 7:49 AM GMT
    Hm. At least my estrogen receptors aren't desensitized then. So, there's some hope, I guess, if I just stay alive.

Linda
  • February 8, 2006 8:01 AM GMT
    I just read some info about progesterone. It said migraine headache (I have it more now) is a symptom of estrogene dominance and the cure offered is...progesterone. Obviously Androcur kept up a certain level of progesterone and since it is gone, I suffer od an estrogene dominance.

Laura
  • February 8, 2006 8:12 AM GMT
    Well...they recommend daily 5mg for post-menopausal care, for example Primolut pills. I´ll print the sheet out for my doctor. Even though he or she might be a good gyneologist, still probably unaware of transcare procedures.

Laura