Did I do something wrong?

• June 12, 2006 4:59 PM BST
    My account and all my posts have been deleted. I'm pretty sure I didn't break any forum rules and haven't upset anyone, have I??

Is this a technical error? I created a blog yesterday and was looking forward blogging my first steps into the outside world but when I came back today I couldn't sign in. I thought It strange when i was able to re-register with the same user name.

Now all my posts are gone, it's quite upsetting really, I've found it quite theraputic typing replies and simply communicating with people who think as I do.

What is the reason, if they we're deleted on purpose why did no-one contact me first or give a reason?

• 588 posts
    June 12, 2006 5:10 PM BST
    I don't know if there's any connection here. But it seems something like 25 of my posts are gone too ? and for no apparent reason. It's not as upsetting as having your account deleted i guess, but i still find it inconsiderate. 25 posts gone. Well, perhaps i'm making too many posts ? Is that it ?
    • 588 posts
    June 12, 2006 5:14 PM BST
    I see.
  • June 12, 2006 5:18 PM BST
    At least it wasn't just me It's like sharing a detention, come on own up Sabina, what did you do wrong? It wasn't as bad as whatever I did!! At least you kept your account!

Was there a pruning of posts?

I was about to use my previous posts seed my blog, if they havent been deleted can they be returned? I've only had my new account a couple of weeks so there are no old posts with my account.

If you've lost posts too Sabina and they we're all recent, maybe TW had a big server error and had to reinstall the site from back up from a couple of weeks ago?? I think I'm getting close. No daily SQL backups to reinstall from??

• June 12, 2006 5:19 PM BST
    heh a flurry of posting while i typed that previous message!
    • 588 posts
    June 13, 2006 8:52 AM BST
    Well, i'm still wondering about my 25 posts disappearing, or why i'm recorded with 25 posts less. I checked this "credit balance" and found i had contributed nothing over the last 20 days. Perhaps that really is the answer. Some technical glitch consider my posts to be worth zero or less. I'm not surprised if that turns out to be the answer. A similar thing actually happened a few weeks ago too. I was wondering if it were some kind of cleaning operation. Well, i guess i'll never know. And who cares.
    • 588 posts
    June 13, 2006 1:18 PM BST
    Seriously, it's just the numbers of posts recorded went down by 25. And some similar thing happened a few weeks ago. I don't think it was that many, and so i thought some old posts were deleted. I really didn't care too much about it. I even thought there could be some good reason. Whatever. But this time i wondered - 25 was a bit much. And then it actually seemed to be happening at the same time as the suspension of that thread ? I did not feel like checking all the posts. But when i added the numbers of posts stated in my profile it was only down by 4. I have no idea how the software works, but there's obviously some bug nibbing numbers in there

And while i'm at it. When a couple of threads have been broken it seemed to me it happened as a result of double clicking ? Is that possible ?
    • 338 posts
    June 13, 2006 7:22 PM BST
    gremlins!
  • June 14, 2006 4:27 AM BST
    Hi Katie

Sorry I didn't mean to ignore you but this post was moved and no-one told me. I just happened by it now.

About 1-2 years ago I first registered the username StacyUK then about 2-3 weeks ago i registered stacystar as I was unable to retrieve my password and didn't get a response to my email about it. I figured it was easier to register again rather than hassle you. After the second account was deleted I registered again with the same details.

All my posts including my blog and account dissapeared, The account was 2-3 weeks old. Only posts since i re-registered are on the forum now. It's possible I'm making a mistake here? If so please tell me the username for the possible third account, oldest stacyUK, newest stacystar and the unknown one in the middle, maybe? All should be for the name Stacy Star.

It looked to me the site was reloaded from an old SQL back up from a couple of weeks ago but that would likely have affected everyone. If it was the user table that was reloaded then you'd see a gap in registration dates and that wouldn't cause established members posts to be affected. Without knowing more about how the blog is coded and the database structured I couldn't guess what caused it.

Even if i was deleted as a user (I know you didn't but still it happened) it doesnt explain how Sabina lost a few recent posts, and an SQL restore would affect more people. I've been working on websites for years and this one is def one of the wierdest I've come across!

Have you considered using phpBB it's neat, opensource (ie free) and user friendly and follows the same board format that is becoming prevailent on the net these days.
    • 588 posts
    June 14, 2006 2:44 PM BST
    You're right, Katie, i meant my total number of posts. But i did check that "credit balance" and my name was out of the list.
    • 588 posts
    June 14, 2006 3:02 PM BST
    Hey, Karen, those points must come from my nonsense posts...
    • 2573 posts
    June 12, 2006 5:13 PM BST
    there seem to be some technical glitches on the site at present. Missing posts and Extra posts. Katie said they were addressing these issues and I'm sure your reports will be followed up on soon.
    • 2127 posts
    June 12, 2006 9:36 PM BST
    Hi Stacy,

I'm ever so confused by this thread. I've just checked and your account is still there and working fine. Are you sure you didn't just mistype your user name or password?

You appear to have re-registered so you now have two accounts.

Also, your forum posts (posted using your old account) are also still there.

Also Sabina, we have not deleted any posts recently. We very, very rarely delete forum posts.

The problem we are working on, which Wendy mentioned, is actually about Firefox users sending out several TrannyMessages when they have in fact only posted one, so it's nothing at all to do with your account.

Hope that helps.

Hugs,

Katie
    • 2573 posts
    June 13, 2006 2:17 AM BST
    Actually, Katie, I was using IE6 when my blog post went down 5 times.
    • 2127 posts
    June 13, 2006 12:51 PM BST
    Hi Wendy and Sabina,

Wendy first - I'm not sure what you mean when you say your blog post went down five times. Could you give me some more information. Also, could you either drop me an email about this or put it in a separate Tech Support Forum thread as is is a separate issue to Stacy and Sabina's problems.

Hi Sabina, as I said before, we have not deleted any posts at all recently and there is no such thing as a cleaning operation.

In fact I can only ever remember deliberately deleting about three posts since we stated our forums in 2000. That's why we currently have nearly 45,000 posts in our forums.

And I can assure you that our software is not clever enough to decide which messages are worthy of inclusion in our forums. All messages are recorded irrespective of their content.

> > And who cares.

I do. I've spent just about every waking moment for the past six and a half years caring and trying to make this community better.

Please can you give me a list of the posts that are missing and tell me which threads they were in and I'll try to investigate.

Also, what is where the posts were before? Is there a gap in the threads where your posts used to be or just nothing?

If this is being caused by a bug in the software we need to know about it.

Many thanks,

Katie x
    • 1652 posts
    June 13, 2006 2:04 PM BST
    Hi Katie,
    I’ve just noticed that my total number of posts has gone down too, not by much, and it’s really not something that I mind about. Last time I noticed I was a mega-goddess, now I’m back to being a mere goddess, though in case anyone accuses me of being a megalomaniac I rather liked being just a girl!
    I’ve no idea if the posts have actually been deleted or if the total number has just been reduced perhaps by threads being closed or something like that?
    xx
    • 2573 posts
    June 13, 2006 2:31 PM BST
    Katie,

Re: the TW Credit Balance issue. I don't know if this is related, but some time back, on at least two occassions, I disappeared off the list while having the largest number of posts for the past twenty days. You had to actively replace me on both occassions and, when you did, all my posts during the period were not counted . I dont know if this is related to Sabina's problem but it, at least, seems similar. Perhaps during "renovations" her file was off the list, like mine had been, and was replaced before she saw it missing. Since I'm currently stuck in a non-full member situation I can't see the credit balance to see if it has happened since. Just sounds similar. Not related to my blog "problem".
    • 2127 posts
    June 14, 2006 2:32 PM BST
    Hi again girls,

Wendy first this time...

> > ...TW Credit Balance issue...

Again I think we're getting confused here. When Sabina talked about "credit balance" I think she meant the total number of posts she has made. She appeared to be confusing this with our Tranny Credit Balance which is a nonsensical value that is derived for each member by the amount of activity on their account.

Just to make it even more complex, only some things actually contribute to your score. You get points for every advertising banner you click on and every page you load and you can also win and lose point with our tranny games. However, as far as I know, there is no connection between the points system and the forums.

We did recently zero everyone's score so we could run a competition but that's the only change that we've made to the system since it was installed.

Now, Stacy...

Yes, sorry, we moved this thread into the Tech Support Forum which is where it is most relevant.

While our server does have a raid configuration that is constantly backing up every change, we have certainly had no need to implement it and if we had, our data would have been only a few minutes out of date.

However, we have never needed to use this facility so that can not be the reason why your posts have disappeared.

Again, can I ask for more information here because we are flying blind right now. Can you let me know the names of the threads that the missing posts were in and approximately where in those threads they appeared?

I will refer this thread to Eric, our programmer in Canada, who is responsible for nearly all the software on this site, in the hope that he may be able to shed some light on it.

And by the way, while we do have a few PHP bits and pieces around the place, Eric is the reason why the vast majority of our software is written in PERL. That's what he does best.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 2627 posts
    June 14, 2006 2:50 PM BST
    Sabina your balance is 10,996.