Just an idea.

• 121 posts
    August 17, 2006 10:03 AM BST
    Hi girls-this is just an idea.I have just finished reading a particular thread in which some girls found the content offensive,which then led onto lets say "heated discussions".My idea is-can a way be found so as to a thread can have something like a "x" rating or "some girls may find content offensive" or something similar.It may help threads being posted in wrong forums regardless if you think they are being stupid or ignorant or just by plain accident.Lets try and be positive,it's all to easy to be negative.Love and kisses Allissande,xx
    • 2463 posts
    August 17, 2006 12:54 PM BST
    Alli,
    While your idea seems to be a good one, we are trying to avoid any content that will get us into trouble. Lord knows we had enough of it with PayPal. Some ideas were suggested, like such postings being in a "full-members only" thread so as to not be available to open public viewing. It's a tough call.

You're right - let's try to be positive.
    • 2017 posts
    August 17, 2006 1:31 PM BST
    While I appreciate the difficulty of the post in question, we cetainly shouldn't start all the nastiness over it. Someone had a geniuine issue and was looking for help in addressing it. Regardless of personal feelings, either try and offer some support or leave it alone.

Maybe the mods could have edited the post a little, though, I don't know.
    • 2463 posts
    August 17, 2006 1:40 PM BST
    I'll make one point clear - I do believe in free speech, so do not interpret my postings here as advocating censorship.

In fact, I stayed out of that whole thread, keeping my opinions to myself.
    • 2627 posts
    August 17, 2006 2:15 PM BST
    Members only forums are fine if your a full member.
    The person that posted that was basic so that option wasn't open.
    Katie did go back & edit the first posting to make it less graphic. Thats the best option I can see. Editing is not censoring but rephraseing so as not to lose content & not offend.
    It has been said many many times. If you can't reply with out being mean & nasty then don't reply & don't get personal.