sweating??

• 64 posts
    September 11, 2006 3:21 AM BST
    Hi girls, i was wondering if anyone can answer this question,

Does going on hormones change the amount that u sweat??

Guys sweat up to 50% more then girls and i want to know if going on hormones will reduce that back down to a GG level.
    Cause i sweat alot and if i go down this path i want to know if i'm going to be a 'sweaty' girl

Thank you for your time ladies
    Big Hugs
    Simone
    • 64 posts
    September 11, 2006 10:26 PM BST
    Thank you Lucy and Stephie,
    i wasn't sure if it would be noticeable because it is a slow change, i just thought i would ask the question.

Hugs
    Simone
  • September 14, 2006 6:13 AM BST
    Simone,

I've noticed a bit of a decrease in sweating on a normal basis, and a noticeable decrease in how bad it gets (and smells... sorry to be yucky, but it's the truth) when I work out.

Like mentioned above, I, too, have had some "night sweats" since I started HRT.

Take Care!

Kari
  • September 20, 2006 9:48 AM BST
    Many things about your skin will change with the hrt. Your skin will be smoother and dryer, also the amount of sweating will reduce. The hair will be thinner and more colourless, with the exception of the facial hair from your neck upwards. Even there can be some thinning and softening, but not that much as elsewhere on your body.

Laura
    • 64 posts
    September 21, 2006 10:22 PM BST
    Kari & Laura Thank you!

I thought that there might be a reduction but i wasn't sure.
    Thank you again!

hugs
    Simone
    • 1652 posts
    September 11, 2006 2:15 PM BST
    Can’t say I’ve noticed any difference. At least being a woman allows you to use a nicer smelling deodorant; I much prefer “Vanilla”, or “Jasmine”, or “Sweet English Rose” to “Spicy Sporty Active Man”.
    Some say their natural body scent changes, can’t say I’ve noticed that either, don’t know if I would though. All the changes from hormones are so slow and gradual you don’t really notice them happening.
    xx