Prissy is "out" at work

• 128 posts
    January 23, 2007 3:35 AM GMT
    I was sitting in the work truck last Friday feeling frustrated with myself for not being prissy at work. My co-worker was in the truck with me. Finally I just said"F*** it!" he asked me what I was talking about and I told him I was going to go ahead and have a sex change. He said "ok". He knows I've been on hormones for over a year now. I told him they were for depression...then felt guilt for lying because I don't do that!
    Today we talked more about me and he's ok with it. I explained how I needed to do this and that I was a lesbian.It seems as if a lot of pressure has been taken off my chest and now I feel I can comfortably wear my real clothes to work. Still not full time yet but getting ever so much closer. Just thought I'd add this to this forum 'cos I ain't completly there yet.Prissy.
    • 128 posts
    January 23, 2007 6:33 AM GMT
    And I am soo happy I finally figured out how to put my picture here. This is one happy girl!
    • 128 posts
    February 1, 2007 7:43 AM GMT
    Thanks Nikki! Tonight I am having trouble sleeping. Thing is, I am soo scared and I won't be true to myself. It is to the point where I don't care what anybody else thinks. This is dangerous territory, I know. I really am scared though and it sucks trying to be so strong all the time. You know, putting on the thick skin. I feel like I'm 11 years old and if things don't go as I want, I want to run home and hide! I won't do that. I'm just scared and I want to cry. Tomorrow I want to be Prissy all day and because I'm scared I won't. This will be a part of discussion at group on Friday. Also, I am losing more friends. The reason I can tell is that they don't call anymore. That's all.
    • 2463 posts
    January 23, 2007 9:09 PM GMT
    I hope it all works out for you at your job. And you look cute, too.
    • 1980 posts
    January 29, 2007 5:33 PM GMT
    Hi Prissy-

Good for you, hon, being able to be more, even if not fully yet, yourself while at work is so wonderful. It's nice not to have to keep your guard up all the time. Here's wishing you the best of luck.

Hugs...Joni
    • 2017 posts
    January 30, 2007 2:34 PM GMT
    Best wishes for you Prissy, I hope everything continues to go well.