I've done it!!

• January 31, 2007 8:46 PM GMT
    Probably not all that noteworthy to anyone else, but i have been off work all week and have spent the entire time dressed - this built up my confidence to the point today that without thinking i decided i wanted some fresh air and thats exactly what i did!!! - i spent the best 2 hours of my life having a walk around the local park, sitting and taking in the scenery, in full view of everyone and i didnt get so much as a second glance!!!. So thats my final hurdle over, and im looking forward to going out again tomorrow and quite possible Friday too - i finally feel free and like i have actually got somewhere
  • January 31, 2007 9:23 PM GMT
    thanks Nikki, I certainly feel on top of the world at the minute, I think dressing the way im supposed to dress all the time this week has definately helped me make a major leap forward and cast any doubts i has left to one side. All i can think about now is going out again tomorrow

xx
  • January 31, 2007 10:53 PM GMT
    dont worry, i doubt very much that i will be able to keep it to myself when i get back tomorrow lol
    • 140 posts
    February 1, 2007 12:47 AM GMT
    Andrea: It's always wonderful to see someone here gets the courage to go out and be who they are outside. I admit I have not gone out for years, and were it not for my S/O I would again.
    (Small town) But I rejoice in your new found happiness anyway!
    Congratulations, Sister Jackie...
  • February 2, 2007 6:36 PM GMT
    funny you should mention that.......hopefully there will be a picture attached to this of a certain smug little madam trying on the dress she bought today while out as Andrea....hehe, this just keeps getting batter and better. so i have done the shopping thing too - and you are right, it is a buzz
    • 2017 posts
    January 31, 2007 9:17 PM GMT
    Good for you Andrea, I think that's a massive hurdle. I did it myself late last year and you're right, most people don't give you a second glance if you just get on with it. Walking with your head down and glancing around nervously all the time will only attract attention. Be yourself.

I have to say that I joined TW last April after spending two weeks dressed en femme, (except for work), it really helped me to come to terms with who I was.

I hope life continues to be kind to you.

Best wishes.
    • 2017 posts
    January 31, 2007 10:06 PM GMT
    Keep us posted Andrea, you know how nosey we all are! I still think you're very courageous and deserve all the support we can give you. hugs.