Who would you drop....

• 1083 posts
    February 22, 2003 3:13 PM GMT

jayne,dear you left out all of the above.

DANG!

I knew I was forgetting something... ;D

...especially since I'd like to drop them all off (and a few more with them) into the ocean.So one vote, for "other".

Luv 'n hugs,

Jayne Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
  • February 22, 2003 12:13 AM GMT
    jayne,dear you left out all of the above.
    • 539 posts
    February 21, 2003 9:01 PM GMT
    I chose Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell because they are extremely dangerous.  Instead of Iraq or North Korea, they should be dropped in a place that is severely infested with religious fundamentalists (Afghanistan before the war would have been best, but Sudan or Saudi Arabia would work) so that they can see what their ideals do to people.  (I see no difference between Christian and Muslim fundamentalists - each one is as bad as the other.)

However, I think a case could be made for dropping all of these people in some hostile place.  In addition to these people, I would send almost all of Utah's politicians as well as the president of the LDS Church, Gordon B. Hinckley.

Heather H.
    • 1083 posts
    February 21, 2003 8:35 PM GMT
    Hi, all--

This actually started as a conversation over lunch with a few co-workers. (We can be somewhat sadistic at times.) I decided that there's only one website to put something like this...

Here's a poll that's just for grins. Obviously, I mean no harm to these people...most of them are hard working souls, and I wouldn't want their jobs.Still...If you could drop any of these people into the heart of Iraq, North Korea, or anywhere else you wanted, who would it be? ??? (I suppose parachutes would be a nice touch... ;D)

Luv 'n Politically Humorous (if politically incorrect) hugs,

Jayne Sakura

Pat Robertson AND Jerry Falwell
    Rev. Jesse Jackson
    Rev. Louis Farrakkhan
    George Dubya AND Tony Blair
    Ted Kennedy
    Hillary Clinton
    Ted Turner AND Jane Fonda
    "Lady Dianne" Feinstein AND "Babs" Boxer
    Phil Donahue AND Geraldo
    A combination of the above (Please share who as a separate post)
    Other (Please tell me who as a separate post)

• March 29, 2003 4:45 PM GMT
    Pat Robertson AND Jerry Falwell Good Start but there are loads more of these "you won't get to heaven unless you send me a check" people
    Rev. Jesse Jackson & Rev. Louis Farrakkhan - These two are definite and without the parachutes.
    Ted Kennedy Hillary Clinton you forgot husband Bill and Tom Daschle
    "Lady Dianne" Feinstein AND "Babs" Boxer add Gray Davis also
    Phil Donahue AND Geraldo (damn he is already there)but you also forgot Opra
    • 1083 posts
    April 28, 2003 10:08 PM BST
    This score just in from the Coluseum:

Lions: 52
    Fundamentalists: 0

Luv 'n hugs,

Jayne Sakura
  • April 17, 2003 9:09 PM BST
    i would drop all those that endorse and promulgate fundementalism of any kind, those people whose minds are so narrow and bigoted that they have only room for hatred. There are wonderfull people in religeon, christian muslim hindu etc, so it is not religeon but some people religeon attracts that is fault. same as politicians sme bad some good.
    • 539 posts
    April 18, 2003 1:40 AM BST
    I agree on the fundamentalists. They are a grave threat to civilization as we know it. But instead of dropping them in some nasty country where they would probably feel right at home, we should give them the great honor of being the first people to step on the surface of Venus. It is a hellish place, with temperatures hot enough to melt lead and a corrosive atmosphere with a pressure about 90 times that of Earth. Since many of these people believe all the rest of us are going to their vision of Hell, we should send them to the most hellish place we can find so that they can experience it first hand.

But maybe that isn't such a good idea. Their charred bodies would pollute the surface of Venus, and that world hasn't done anything to us.

I have also considered feeding the fundamentalists to lions, but that would be too cruel... I wouldn't want to give the lions indigestion.

Heather H.
  • February 22, 2003 12:22 AM GMT
    Britney Spears and/or Shania Twain

• 530 posts
    February 21, 2003 8:58 PM GMT
    To my chagrin,I am not au fait with most of the people mentioned.Ihave heard of some of them but..

Therefore I'll put in my ideas as a non-specific list

Politicians
    Lawyers
    Evangelists
    Anyone in advertising
    Telesales people

There are bound to be more,but that'll do for a start.

Sue.
  • April 27, 2003 9:35 AM BST
    Lucy

Well said, fundamentalism is a great problem.

Heather

Is that a joke at the end of your post? This must be a side-effect of transition

Hugs

Sarah