Coming Out Progress!

• 23 posts
    April 9, 2007 4:25 PM BST
    Hi everyone!
    Its been a number of months since my last post but I felt I wanted to update you. I've not had the opportunity for months to dress up for my SO and often she is reluctant.
    Anyhow after a bit of persuasion she agreed for me to dress last Friday.
    I actually put make up on and ate a meal with her! Then we watched the jewelery channel on TV together and cuddled. I'm learning that I need to please her and do girly things if she is to "put up with me" dressed. She even cracked a girly quip but I wasn't quite on her wavelength.
    I told her over dinner that I felt really happy dressed. She didn't remark on anything but compared with her last reaction (see my last post August 06) this is definitely a step in the right direction, albeit a baby one!
    My next goal is to wear a dress ( I wore jeans) and ultimately my wig.
    Wish me luck!!
    Hugs,
    Kay xx
  • April 9, 2007 4:35 PM BST
    well done kay i also make progress with my other half by having a pamper evening together its surprising what you can get away with,
    andi.
    • 2017 posts
    April 9, 2007 6:00 PM BST
    I'm really happy for you both, it is usually very difficult to come out to those who we love and it is equally, if not more difficult for them to accept you. After all, they had no say in the matter. I know it can be very frustrating to not dress as often as you like but you have to respect your partner's feelings and move at their pace. Baby steps are better than no steps at all.