Hi there

• May 21, 2007 8:01 PM BST
    Hi Girls,
    I'm sorry if admirers are frowned upon, or seen as a bit wierd, but I just wanted some advice. I am in my late 30's and looking to possibly have a night or two in Manchester before I hit the big 40! I am totally naive to this sort of thing but really hope to make it happen. I live in Manchester, and to be frank, wouldn't really want to be spotted in the village -job etc- but I realise that this is where I probably will have to go to meet some girls.

Can anyone recommend a place where as a single male I wouldn't be treated with distaste or feel out of place?
    Todd xxxxxxxxx
  • May 22, 2007 6:20 PM BST
    Hi, and thanks girls,
    I really appreciate the replies, all of which are very helpful and inspiring. The only other problem I have is................I'm not sure I'm going to be able to word this correctly: I don't really want to find myself at a bar, enjoying a drink, and finding that men are coming over to chat to me. Does that sound awful, or arrogant or something? I don't mean it to, it's just that I'm not interested in men, just girls like yourselves................I'm making a hash of this, I know I am.

Todd
    • 2017 posts
    May 21, 2007 9:24 PM BST
    Todd, I can understand about you not wanting to be spotted because of implications, several girls have the same issues, but so what? You wouldn't be doing anything illegal or anything to be ashamed of.

And ask yourself this...........if you were spotted, what were THEY doing there? Could they 'rat' on you without leaving their own position vunerable?

Nikki
    • 2573 posts
    May 22, 2007 12:08 AM BST
    Todd,

It is never easy to leave the safety of complete "stealth" in your life. Jumping right in with both feet is one way to do it. Another is to ease into the water slowly at a speed you can tolerate. You will find, over time, your view of yourself changes. Gradually you accept yourself and our alternative lifestyle. When that happens, your win-lose ratio for an action will change as well. The down side of going slow is....you lose years of your life that you can't have back. One thing we have all discovered.....these feelings don't go away. You have to find your own path and comfort levels.

You may wish to take a weekend in London, where there are a number of TG venues. You have already asked the right question of the right people in the right place. May I recommend that you view the TA information on

http://www.reneereyes.com

It will make your search more comfortable for you and those you meet. I recommend going out with the goal of making friends as your first objective. Give it time. Get to know those you socialize with and understand them as individuals. Even T girls learn about themselves and each other as they open up to the world. There is no reason to expect it will be different for you.
    • 1652 posts
    May 22, 2007 12:20 PM BST
    Hi Todd, I expect there are individuals out there who frown upon admirers or think they are a bit weird, but here you are officially welcome, so you need have no fears about getting involved with our community. There is almost always an admirer or two in the chatroom, and everyone’s opinion is considered equally here in the forums.
    As for non-cyber meetings…The Village is the place for you; you won’t be treated with distaste or feel out of place, and if anyone spots you from work, well they were there too weren’t they? People won’t automatically assume you are a tranny admirer, or gay, or whatever. Say you were just out for a drink; straight people go there too!
    Napoleon’s may be the best place for you, especially downstairs where the volume of the music is sufficiently low to actually be able to talk to people, or upstairs if you just wanna have a boogie, or indeed watch others doing so.
    Why don’t you go during Sparkle? It’ll be like all your Christmases have come at once!
    xx
    • 2017 posts
    May 22, 2007 7:02 PM BST
    Hi Todd,

Just be polite and let them know you're not interested, it's not an issue at all, as Lucy said, straight people go there too. Just remember it also works the other way too, not all Trannies want to be hit on by a guy, many of them aren't interested in men, but you sound like the kind of person who would respect that.

Nikki
    • 1652 posts
    July 2, 2007 11:39 AM BST
    Hi Todd, I only just saw your post made on May 22nd.
    You’re not likely to get much attention from gays, if any. Not that I know anything about gay culture, but The Village doesn’t seem to be a particularly predatory place in that respect. I’m sure no-one is going to hassle you, and if anyone does try to get chatting then just politely make your excuses, it’s not going to ruin your evening.
    Generally, all the pubs and clubs are mixed clientele – gays, straights and TG’s, but Napoleon’s is renowned for being frequented by TG’s and admirers; if you go there as a single guy it’s a fair assumption to make that it’s T-girls you’re interested in.
    Don’t worry about being hit on by guys, The Village has a really nice atmosphere so you can just relax and be yourself, and find more T-girls than you can shake a stick at.
    xx