What do you want from life

• 515 posts
    July 14, 2007 11:40 PM BST
    I wonder what do we really want from life?
    For me it is to just fade away into the back ground so to say. I just want to finish my transition and fade away. Some may say what an odd wish but that is really all I want to be any other person.
    So what do you want from life ?
    • 127 posts
    July 15, 2007 3:06 AM BST
    I want something that I am not sure what it is, I just know I can never have it.
    Heather
    • 1 posts
    July 15, 2007 4:41 AM BST
    What did Fee Waybill say?????????....... To try and be happy while you do the nasty things you must.
    • 773 posts
    July 15, 2007 3:44 PM BST
    What Do You Want From Life
    Spooner/Evans 1976

To kidnap an heiress
    or threaten her with a knife
    To get cable TV
    and watch it every night

There you sit
    a lump in your chair
    Where do you sleep
    and what do you wear
    when you're sleeping

An Indian guru
    to show you the inner light
    a meaningless love affair
    with a girl that you met tonight

How can you tell when you're doin' alright
    Does your bank account swell
    While you're dreaming at night
    How do know when you're really in love
    Do violins play when you're touching the one
    That you're loving

Someone to love
    and somebody that you can trust
    To try and be happy
    while you do the nasty things you must

Well, you can't have that, but if you're an American citizen you are entitled to:
    a heated kidney shaped pool,
    a microwave oven--don't watch the food cook,
    a Dyna-Gym--I'll personally demonstrate it in the privacy of your own home,
    a king-size Titanic unsinkable Molly Brown waterbed with polybendum,
    a foolproof plan and an airtight alibi,
    real simulated Indian jewelry,
    a Gucci shoetree,
    a year's supply of antibiotics,
    a personally autographed picture of Randy Mantooth
    and Bob Dylan's new unlisted phone number,
    a beautifully restored 3rd Reich swizzle stick,
    Rosemary's baby,
    a dream date in kneepads with Paul Williams,
    a new Matador, a new mastodon,
    a Maverick, a Mustang, a Montego,
    a Merc Montclair, a Mark IV, a meteor,
    a Mercedes, an MG, or a Malibu,
    a Mort Moriarty, a Maserati, a Mac truck,
    a Mazda, a new Monza, or a moped,
    a Winnebago--Hell, a herd of Winnebago's we're giving 'em away,
    or how about a McCulloch chainsaw,
    a Las Vegas wedding,
    a Mexican divorce,
    a solid gold Kama Sutra coffee pot,
    or a baby's arm holding an apple?

• 448 posts
    July 15, 2007 7:02 PM BST
    A little affection
    • 127 posts
    July 15, 2007 10:48 PM BST
    Robin, that was wonderfull, and so helpfull. I guess I am the lump in the chair, it is up to me to be happy.
    Heather
    • 773 posts
    July 15, 2007 11:53 PM BST
    Don't thank me....thank Fee Waybill.
    • 515 posts
    July 16, 2007 11:09 PM BST
    wow how strange !!!
    • 1195 posts
    July 17, 2007 8:59 PM BST
    Sara Lynn - you have gleaned so many wishes from our friends.
    My wish is that I continue to evolve. I'm alway "becoming" someone; hopefully for the good of myself and all others whose lives I've touched.
    • 112 posts
    July 17, 2007 9:25 PM BST
    Just to be married to Claire Rand, have children get a decent job, own our own house and have a decent car. And have as many friends on this site as possible.
    • 9 posts
    July 18, 2007 11:56 AM BST
    hmmm, well lets see. I'd have to say Happiness and fulfillment.

Of course my Ego gets in the way and makes this more complex, I think in order to be happy and fulfilled I'd have to finish life liking who I am. I'd want to be thought of as having made a difference to people. I'd have to maintain my personal honor. I'd have to truly love and be loved. In general, I'd want to have fun with what I'm doing everyday.

I'd want my son to grow up capable to make a difference and be happy and fulfilled too.

I want my fulfilling my Darla self to not somehow ruin all I have achieved so far. It's a tricky minefield out there and I've seen first-hand the wreckage a mistep can make. There are many places in the minefield of TG life where it is easily possible to destroy your whole life, your relationships, your career, everything.

No path, even the successful ones (I have faith these exist), is without pain.

It is my hope that I shall find one and be happy.

-Darla
    • 128 posts
    July 20, 2007 7:49 AM BST
    Good thread Sara. I've been thinking about it for a couple days. I have affirmations that I will finish my transition and live my life somewhere else (dissappear). Find a true love. Enjoy my new prosperous career. These are written down and I see them every day and night. I envision these before I go to sleep and when I wake up. This works for me. The true love thing is a big one for me though. Just a romantic.
    • 1912 posts
    July 22, 2007 12:33 PM BST
    I'm with Wendy, I just want to be happy. For me happiness is having my family. I am very fortunate in having a wife of 29 years accept my TS situation. Where I end up on the transition line is anyones guess, sure I want it all, but more importantly I want my family.
    • 121 posts
    July 24, 2007 7:44 AM BST
    We should all seek to be happy and be ourselves,if at all possible.Always try to think of the positives in life-there are after all far more people in the world worse off than us.
  • July 24, 2007 11:14 PM BST
    What I want in Life....

a gagillion $$$.... (just kidding)....

Actually, to be accepted unconditionally by my friends and
    to be able to lead a simple life as the women I am inside.

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn

• July 26, 2007 5:50 AM BST
    I just want to be myself and happy. It includes friends, work, traveling, love, sex. And money.

Laura
    • 364 posts
    July 26, 2007 11:38 PM BST
    Laura

Unlucky at cards, lucky in love! LOL.

Hugs
    Joanne
  • July 16, 2009 4:59 PM BST
    Hi All,

It's been nearly a year since anyone posted in this thread "What do you want from life?".

I'm resurrecting the thread to see if anyones thoughts have changed in the last year.

For me I had posted ..

What I want in Life....

a gagillion $$$.... (just kidding)....

Actually, to be accepted unconditionally by my friends and
    to be able to lead a simple life as the women I am inside.

Today, I would add acceptance by my wife (underestimated her objections) and some stability in my work.

Hugz,
    MichelleLynn
    • 1912 posts
    July 16, 2009 6:20 PM BST
    Wow Michelle, an old one but good one. I had first responded to this thread two years ago, how time flies. I said I just wanted to be happy and for me happiness was having my family. At that time my wife had only been supportive of me for around 4 months and my kids knew nothing about Marsha.

So two years later here I am and what an unbelievable life I have been fortunate enough to have. Thirteen months ago I told my kids and gained their full support, and now I have lived full time as Marsha for nine months. I thank God daily for the wonderful people in my life, my family, friends and customers. I have had to fight some hard battles including the one with my former church, but those battles only made me stronger and today I can say undeniably that I am happy.

Hugs and thanks for bringing this one back,
    Marsha
    • 1083 posts
    July 16, 2009 10:01 PM BST
    Interesting that this thread was resurrected...I've been thinking about this very thing.

I want to be content. Content with who I am and what I've been blessed with.

I have love--love of friends, family, and the SO. (Understanding? Not always. But love, yes.)

Money? It's nice. I'd love to have the bills paid, some set aside, and not have to worry about things like jobs and being sure I have enough for hormones and laser treatment. But money alone is never enough.

Sex? Sex is wonderful. It's the best thing to do on a rainy night, when....well, I could go on but this is an open forum. I'd rather have love and understanding, because the best sex comes from those places.

Power and fame? Bah. Look at what power does to you. Turns your hair grey, adds wrinkles prematurely and you're always looking over your shoulder. Who needs THAT?!?

SRS? I've never truly decided on that. Maybe. I'd rather just keep living like the woman I've become.

Friends are a gift. True friends are a blessing.

Luv 'n hugs to all,

Mina
  • July 16, 2009 10:30 PM BST
    Sara wrote this before her SRS in Bangkok so maybe she meant to fade away and become the woman of her dream? And she haven’t logged in since April so maybe she did really fade away?

For me I’m with Sara, just fade into what ever and be just who I am which is so easy and so wonderful. In fact the life as a woman is full of happiness and joy every day.

xxx Natalie
    • 2017 posts
    July 15, 2007 12:17 AM BST
    What I want, I can't have, but I have had so many other great things in life that I really can't complain too loudly.

Nikki
    • 2627 posts
    July 15, 2007 12:41 AM BST
    Realy, I just want to be content.
    • 2573 posts
    July 15, 2007 9:42 AM BST
    Sundance ((my SO)
  • July 17, 2007 8:32 PM BST
    Hi Sara, I just want to get my transition sorted, finished and as you said fade in to the background as in people seeing just another woman going about her daily life . That would be heaven on earth, oh and spend a few years catching up on all the things i have missed out on

Hugs Samantha x
    • 2463 posts
    July 24, 2007 3:57 PM BST
    I really don't want to reiterate what others have said, such as being able to be myself. Of course, a few breaks in my academic life would be nice.

As I said to my ex not too long ago, I may not be on top of the world, but I'm not at the bottom, either. What I want is that peace of mind. I really don't require very much.

Oh, and for Lexi to get up here as soon as possible!

Mere

P.S. Would not being a klutz anymore fall into this category?
    • 2017 posts
    July 16, 2009 7:13 PM BST
    I re-read my original post and I wouldn't change a thing, which means things are pretty good for me all in all.

Nikki
    • 2358 posts
    July 16, 2009 7:36 PM BST
    What do I want from life???? apart from a baby, not to be, so being contented and happy with my life as it is, make the most of it, but above all, those that love me to be happy.

xxXCristineXxx