END WORKPLACE DISCRIMINATION NOW!

• 773 posts
    July 22, 2007 10:05 PM BST
    ALL AMERICAN MEMBERS NEED TO FOLLOW THIS LINK IMMEDIATELY! HRC HAS MADE IT SO EASY TO MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD THAT YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE FOR NOT DOING SO IMMEDIATELY. IT WILL ONLY TAKE ONE MINUTE OF YOUR VALUABLE TIME TO LET YOUR REPRESENTATIVES KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THE EMPLOYMENT NON-DISCRIMINATION ACT. THE RELIGIOUS RIGHT IS DISSEMINATING MISINFORMATION ABOUT THIS LEGISLATION, SO IT'S TIME TO SPEAK UP. NO ONE SHOULD BE DENIED EMPLOYMENT OR PROMOTION DUE TO THEIR GENDER IDENTITY OR ORIENTATION.

DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO REPLY TO THIS POST. IN THE AMOUNT OF TIME IT TAKES YOU TO WRITE A RESPONSE TO THIS POST, YOU CAN EASILY FOLLOW THIS LINK AND LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD ON CAPITOL HILL. THIS IS IMPORTANT. JUST DO IT. DO IT NOW!

http://www.hrcactioncente[...]gn/enda
    • 773 posts
    July 22, 2007 10:49 PM BST
    When sending the message from the above link, please be sure to edit the provided text to include gender identity expression. HRC is principally concerned with gay rights issues, and gender identity expression was conspicuously omitted from the provided text.
    • 773 posts
    July 23, 2007 1:46 PM BST
    Have you visited the above link yet? If not, please do. This is the single most important issue currently confronting the American transgender community. Don't miss this opportunity to be a part of a positive change.
    • 773 posts
    July 23, 2007 8:36 PM BST
    If you read further, in the sentence where it describes the legislation, it only makes mention of sexual orientation, not gender identity. I just sort of felt we needed to place further emphasis on the gender identity thing.

Thanks for acting on this, though, Wendy. Let's hope all our American members speak up.
    • 773 posts
    July 24, 2007 3:33 AM BST
    Have you followed the link and expressed your support yet?
    • 773 posts
    July 24, 2007 2:46 PM BST
    If you haven't followed the link to contact Congress concerning ENDA, now would be the time to do it. Please follow the above link right away.
    • 37 posts
    July 24, 2007 11:36 PM BST
    Dear Robyn,
    I'm with you on this one. I sent the e-mail, although I amended it to express my opposition to hate crimes legislation.
    Regards,
    Bennie Lee
    • 773 posts
    July 25, 2007 12:14 AM BST
    Well, at least you support the ENDA, Bennie. Thanks.
    • 2573 posts
    July 23, 2007 8:25 PM BST
    Robyn,

The version I signed contained the following text:

"and in 39 states, it's legal to fire someone for being transgender."