advice on coming out

• 9 posts
    September 25, 2007 12:36 AM BST
    hi girls i have recently joined this site and i darent dress during the day because im scared to come out does any1 have some good advice?
  • October 12, 2007 12:52 AM BST
    the only thing that I could add is to follow your heart in this case. You, and you alone will know what you have to do, and all the other girls on here are right... we have all been through this before, and it is now your decision, depending on your personal circumstances.
    • 2463 posts
    September 25, 2007 1:10 AM BST
    Before I can say anything I have to know more about you. Are you married? Single but dating? Live alone? How do you feel about your dressing? Is it a fetish or are you expressing your femininity?

If you feel the need to be careful, then do so.
    • 2017 posts
    September 25, 2007 9:02 AM BST
    Hi Rachel, as Mere said, what are your personal circumstances? That makes all the difference, and are you CD or is there more to it than that. While I would encourage you to be yourself, you should know that it isn't all 'pink and fluffy', it can be downright nasty at times.

I would recommend you read the 'coming out forum' thoroughly, it may help to see how others have handled the situation and guide you to the best course of action for yourself.

Good luck.

Nikki

• 1980 posts
    September 26, 2007 2:39 PM BST
    Hi Rachel-

Welcome to the group, hon.<big hug> You've come to the right place for help, advice and resources or just people to talk to who know what you're going through. I hope you like it here.

As far as coming out, Meredith and Nikki are right, so much depends on the personal circumstances of your life and even what you mean by "coming out". There are degrees or stages or whatever you want to call it of coming out. Do you mean coming out to your spouse or SO or friends and family by telling them about being TG? Do you mean going out somewhere dressed en femme with other tgirls just for fun and returning to your male self at home? Do you mean living your daily life as your female self every day?

I'm not trying to be nosy or pry into your personal life, Rachel, none of us here would do that, especially if it would make you uncomfortable, but before you can get a good answer to your question you need to share a little more information about just how "out" you want to be. No matter what, we all understand, we've all been there.

Hugs...Joni Marie