moisturising

• 37 posts
    November 6, 2007 7:32 PM GMT
    Not sure if this comes under make up, so ur welcome to move it if you think i've placed it wrong. I work predominantly outside and at home we've central heating so on occasions my face tends to dry up, this is when i moisturize but am i right in think that regularly doing so would only make my skin soft and more prone to drying out!!!

Gab -xx-
    • 112 posts
    November 6, 2007 7:36 PM GMT
    The moisturiser I tend to use some times is called Vaseline Intensive Care. We've got it in a big bottle. Don't know if that helps.
    • 37 posts
    November 6, 2007 9:13 PM GMT
    Thanx girls for the quick responses from you all. I'll go moisturize right now, i'm using a cheap one from Lydl it seems very good.
    Gab -xx-
    • 1980 posts
    November 14, 2007 2:40 PM GMT
    Hi Gabrielle-

I love your name, one of my very best g-girl friends is named Gabrielle also. The other girls are absolutely right, moisturizing is so essential, no matter whether you're a t-girl or a g-girl or even just a plain old guy. You should use the best product you can afford, but surprisingly ones that do a good job aren't necessarily the most expensive. You can check out Paula Begoun, the Cosmetics Cop, for tips and what's worth buying and what's not. The main thing is to get on a daily regimen of cleansing and toning and moisturizing and sticking to it. If you use one moisturizer at night and another for the daytime the daytime one should include a sunblocker or use one separately to help protect your skin. Taking care of your skin will do wonders for how your makeup looks. If your skin has really been neglected it may be worthwhile to see a professional in skincare or even a dermatologist. Good luck, Gabrielle, have fun, pampering yourself is a good thing.

Hugs...Joni Marie