I better introduce myself...

• 871 posts
    November 13, 2007 7:22 PM GMT
    I noticed I never introduced myself so...

Hi, My name is Anyfer Darling. I am a shy retiring wallflower type of girl. I dont smoke, never touched alcohol and I never get in to trouble. Most of all I never tell lies.

I have joined TW to meet like minded and nice people to become good friends. One day this might happen hehe.

cya Ani xxx
    • 1195 posts
    November 13, 2007 9:01 PM GMT
    Anyfer - I know exactly what you mean. Like you, I have no vices......maybe just one - I lie.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 871 posts
    November 13, 2007 10:19 PM GMT
    I had a number of people ask me this so...

anyfer is pronounce... AN-NI-FER

can be shortened to ANI which I quite like.

Now, how this name came about is a bit of a mystery. One day, I was typing into my computer and when I looked at the screen the word Anyfer stood out at me and I thought that it was quite pretty, feminine and of course unusual. So I used it. I can asure you that this occurance had nothing to do with the copious amounts of bicardi circulating my blood stream.

I had a couple of people turn round and say things like 'Any for what?' and 'does that mean any jenifer will do?' so for a time i got a bit displacent with it and thought of changing it but then someone said that 'Anyfer Darling' is a real cool name, its like a bond girls name like mis moneypenny - so, as i always wanted to be a bond girl there is no way i am changing it now!

cya Ani xxx
    • 2068 posts
    November 13, 2007 9:36 PM GMT
    Do you really expect us to believe you're a shy retiring wallflower who NEVER tells porkies?

Hehehe

Lol xxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 1980 posts
    November 13, 2007 9:39 PM GMT
    Hi Anyfer-

You're intro was so perfect and so believable, hon. You're a regular Girl Scout...or do they call them Girl Guides in your neck of the woods? I so want one of their uniforms in my size...another issue altogether.

Okay, I'm going to ask a question that's been bothering me for ages and ages, no, not how did I wind up in this body? Again, altogether another issue, but how do you pronounce your name? Your first name, that is. I've been guessing at it all this time, so please share. And perhaps the origin as well, it's very unusual, I don't think I've ever run across it before.

Hope you're having a great day, Anyfer.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 1980 posts
    November 14, 2007 12:51 AM GMT
    Hi Anyfer-

Right on girlfriend!<girl high five> Thanks for sharing. I love finding out about how us girls chose our names, since we get to decide for ourselves rather than what ever we are gifted with by our parents. It's so much nicer to choose a name that suits yourself, isn't it?

Hugs...Joni Marie