Girls Night Out - Thanks!

• 871 posts
    December 9, 2007 8:04 PM GMT
    A big thank you to everyone who came. It was a brill weekend! I enjoyed myself immensely and looking at all the smiley faces, I believe everyone else did too!!!

Names of Fame (or is that infamy lol) ...

Samantha Smith
    Sue James
    Paula
    Debra
    Keith Adams
    Matt
    Debbie Chandler
    Karen Janeway
    Maryanne Talmadge
    Mags Talmadge
    Charlene Carter
    Tracey Taylor
    & me (Anyfer Darling)

It was a pleasure to meet everyone. I didnt manage to chat to everyone as much as I would have liked, it was a bit hectic! lol, but I am sure there will be more opportunities.

Pinkpunters was great as usual, 2 dance floors, seating/chat area on 3rd and 2 wopping great huge log fires outside to keep the smokers toasty warm! The owner of the club said hello to me and most of us managed to see the bars close a 5am (both nights) lol!!!

Congrats to Debbie Chandler!!! for being a member for 2 days and already coming out with the girls!!!

A big kiss for Keith and Matt for being outstanding gentlemen!!! X! X! (thats 1 each lol)

Weldone to Sammi for coiming out again! and looking so well, content and confident too! XXX

p.s. The Campanile Hotel send there thanks to everyone and made it quite clear that we are all welcome to come and stay again.

BIG THANKS to you lot!!!
    Ani XXX
    • 26 posts
    December 9, 2007 10:14 PM GMT
    I couldn't agree more Ani, what a fab weekend - sorry I couldn't stay on Sunday (roast dinner at mum's)

See you all really soooooonnnnn!! lol
    • 89 posts
    December 10, 2007 9:07 PM GMT
    And here are some of the photos from the weekend.

And the answer to the age old question about mags. Yes she does have legs as this pic show.

Ma trying to hide in the smoke like normal.

And the best pic of the weekend.

Now I'm off to hide from the rath of Anyfer and Mags for posting those pics.

But before you kill me Ani thank you for a great weekend.
    • 26 posts
    December 10, 2007 10:26 PM GMT
    Well, Ani has asked me (newbie girl) to say a few words of encouragement to the girls out there who are struggling with their first step out in the world. It's not easy is it!

I've been dressing for years, never daring to let my real self be seen - anxiety, shame, all the usual feelings of what might happen. A few days ago I joined TrannyWeb - to see if there was something I could do about how I felt - and started to 'have a peek around'. Tentatively joining in a chat or two.

The next day I saw Ani's forum post and though to myself "I'd just love to go there and have some good old girly fun". But how could I organise things? "Well", I thought, "nothing's going to happen just sitting here at the computer!". So I replied to the post, booked a room at the Campanile and started packing!!!

In went my skirts, a dress, some heels and tights, oh and I need make up, and oh I need this and that "Aaarrghhh, I'll never get myself organised!" But Ani said just to come as I was and enjoy the weekend.

I was late leaving work, got stuck in traffic and arrived late. I felt fed up. When I got there I thought "What do I do? I can't see anyone here". I plucked up some courage from somewhere, just reminding myself that it's now or never (whoa, was that Elvis? lol). So I checked in and went to my room to got ready. Well, at least the room was clean and the bathroom's not too bad. I showered, shaved and dressed, put on some makeup and lippy and opened the door..............

...and I looked around ...and walked down the corridor. Someone came the other way and paid me no attention whatsoever! I went downstairs to reception. "Er, there's a group of people having dinner here tonight...I'm meant to be....". "Oh, there just around the corner" said the receptionist with a smile.
    As I walked rather self-consciously into the bar with people sat around drinking - no-one batted an eye. And there they were! I found a seat and said I was Debbie and the girls introduced themselves. It was soooo natural and easy I shouldn't have been so anxious.

But what a feeliing of liberation, a weight off me (and some of us would certainly like to lose some of that eh girls! lol)

What fun we had. After dinner, we click-clacked over the road to Pink Punters, signed in and went to the bar. Driiiiiiinks! Can I have a pink straw please!

The girls were so nice, showing me around, making me feel comfortable, giving discreet advise (thanks Karen x).

And that was just Friday night.

If you enjoyed reading this potted acount, I'll put up another post about Saturday!!

See you there girls, It's really good fun and I'm hooked!!! hehe hehe

Debs
    • 23 posts
    December 10, 2007 10:32 PM GMT
    Hi Ani,

Thanx for organising a great weekend, (well night out as I could only make it on Saturday). 1st time out for me so it was a bit nervy, made easy by the nice people at the Campanile and Pink Punters and of course all you lovely girls for making me feel welcome.

Special thanks to MaryAnne T for picking me up from the Station, Char for Sharing her room and Deb for the Champers!

3 Cheers for Anyfer xxx

(well worth 6 hours each way on the train!)

• December 11, 2007 1:06 AM GMT
    Yes, belated thanks for arranging the do and making this old perv as welcome as you did. I'm sorry I couldn't make the whole weekend, as I really did want to meet everyone...

I'm looking forwards to the next one now, perhaps in a slightly different mode of dress.

Hugs to you all

Keith
    x
    • 871 posts
    December 11, 2007 12:06 PM GMT
    Sue, I remember the conversation you had with keith regarding your camera, HILARIOUS!!!!

forgot to mention...

When we went shopping in Milton Keynes city centre. We had a bite to eat and then perused the lingerie sections in M&S and trying to find Matt a nice blouse hehe. It came to our attention that there was one in our group that was a shopaholic of notorious proportions. Yep, Matt managed to purchase more items than all the girls put together!

When we were making our way along the prominade to the taxi pickup point. Matt was dashing off left and right to various outlets. We nearly had to put him in chains just so we could get out of there! lol

hehe!
    • 89 posts
    December 11, 2007 10:44 PM GMT
    I noticed you didn't say where matt was relaxing or who he was relaxing on.
    • 26 posts
    December 16, 2007 10:16 PM GMT
    Thanks Wendy!

Well, Saturday started slowly as I didn't get back to my room until 4:20!! Naughty girl!! Some (ahem) stopped out even later - no names no pack drill, they know who they are.

Eventually, we gathered to go shopping - originally intended for Camden Market, but as we were soooo late, we decided to go to Milton Keynes shopping centre instead. And there were lots and lots of shops.

First up, though was food. We wandered around and found a place that we all agreed was acceptable - not that there were many objections, replacing lost energy was the goal!!

Well, Sue was a great help for me, as I needed a new bra to wear with my sleeveless dress (isn't it awful when your bra straps show). So Sue steered the way to Marks & Spencer where I eventually found something that would work and bought some nice nix as well hehe. I think Sue also grabbed a couple of bras in her size. But as stated above, and disprooving that girls take so long shopping, Matt had a jolly old time trying to find a shirt or three. I think there's more to Matt than meets the eye! Fess up Matt lol.

The taxi home turned into a minor farce, as they wanted us to stand near a red building - but which red buiding - there was a salmon pink building, another with red neon lights on it.. so someone (Ani I think) sorted us out and got us back on track. We said goodbye to Sue who had other plans (nice to meet you Sue) and arrived back at the Campanile just in time to get ready for dinner. And who should be waiting for us....Tracey yaaaaayyy, all the way from bonny Scotland.

Well, I'm an early bird, so to speak, so not surprisingly I was in the bar first (there's method in my madness). And with my new found confidence, sat on a bar stool and ordered a drink, and just sat there enjoying the ambience (there's not much at the Campanile to be sure, but what there was, I enjoyed LOL).

Eventually, the rest of the girls found there way down, and we sat down for dinner (by the way Tracey, you turn yourself out very nicely) in fact all the girls were really dolled up for a good girly Saturday night out. Well done all!!

After dinner, we wandered back over the road to Pink Punters (some only having left 16 hours before!) and in we went.

I met some of the regulars there and found myself in conversation with several people, boys, real girls and other TGirls. Even spoke to Frank, the owner. Later on, I had my first girly dance yyyeeeeaaaahhhhh! The song 'What a feeling' comes to mind - but don't want to remind you of indigestion - ahem.

I had a great time, a fabulous time, a time I will not forget, ever.

For those of you who haven't yet ventured out, Pink Punters is entirely CD/TV/TG/TS friendly, there is no hassle at all (so long as you behave yourself then Frank and his boys will look after you). So, next time, come along, post a reply in the next event notification, and let that girl out, she'll love you for it!!

I know Anyfer will say that it 'all just happened' but thanks to her anyway, particularly for being so encouraging and open. Hugs and xx

I am a different girl now - more self assured, more centred, more me!!

Have fun

Debbie
    • 26 posts
    December 16, 2007 10:19 PM GMT
    Of course, it would be remiss of me not to mention the gallant and gentlemanly behaviour of both Keith and Matt. Thank you xx

Debbie
  • December 9, 2007 11:46 PM GMT
    3 chears for Ani for organising a fantastic weekend and a chance to meet all the girls again and a few new ones to, PP's was just how i remembered it freindly cozy and such a great venue, oh and them log fires where fab to toast ya bum and have a smoke to lol, so any girls out there who are wondering wether to come out i can recomend it most highly.
    fantasic weekend with fantastic friends

love you all see you again soon

Sammi xx
    • 530 posts
    December 10, 2007 11:51 AM GMT
    Ani, what can I say but to add my thanks for getting it all together.

It started with

"Hiya, I have a free weekend 7th/8th/9th December, so I want to go to PinkPunters in Milton Keynes.

I am booking a room at camponile for fri and sat night.

Anyone and everyone welcome to come along for some fun."

and just sort of growed.

It was the first time I have been able to travel and so I'd not had met anyone from outside my area before and it was wonderful to put faces to the names I've been talking to for so long.

Though I had to cut it short as I was staying with a firend a few miles away, (not really fair to come and stay and then only use her a chauffeur lol) I had a great time, and will be doing it again for the full stretch next time if I'm allowed!

Thanks again Ani for the gig, and all the girls for making me feel so welcome.

Sue. XX

• 530 posts
    December 11, 2007 3:01 AM GMT
    Here are a couple of pics from Friday night - unedited!

MATT relaxing

ANI

OMG(oth)

DEBRA & CHARLENE

ANI & SAMANTHA

SUE

CHARLENE

SUE

KEITH

I can talk as well! (I didn't know this was being taken)

http://s253.photobucket.c[...]ves.flv
    • 2573 posts
    December 16, 2007 3:50 AM GMT
    Matt,

I'm surprised to find that your description of your shopping frenzy was, if anything, UNDERSTATED, lol.

Cher,

That hair color, that Matt's head was resting on, could have been no other's than yours.

How many newcomers learned the painful lesson not to throw their arms around Maryanne's neck and hug her tightly?

Debbie,

Lovely post and I do want to hear about Saturday.

Thanks for all the pictures people put up.