inhouse pharmacy

• 27 posts
    January 6, 2008 12:59 AM GMT
    Hi all,

Has anyone (especially those from uk) ever tried ordering from inhouse pharmacy? I'm a little sceptical about how well they will come through customs / what charges will be applied. They say its all perfectly legal, but if customs are holding the packages for up to 2 weeks, then something must be out of place.

Anyway, has anyone got any thoughts or experiences to share?

-Sarah
    • 364 posts
    January 6, 2008 5:48 AM GMT
    I have been dealing with them for 14 months and have had no problems, but then I do not live in UK
    • 23 posts
    January 6, 2008 5:42 PM GMT
    i used inhouse before i started getting my hormones on the nhs and found the service to be good .
    paula
  • January 6, 2008 6:16 PM GMT
    I have used InHouse Pharmacy many times before, both here in germany and in the UK and I have never had a problem. They are quick to respond and I would recommend them highly, having had probelms with other companies before now. Femmy
    • 364 posts
    January 6, 2008 7:41 PM GMT
    No Anne. It usually takes 5 or six days. They still pass through Customs
    • 404 posts
    January 12, 2008 8:23 PM GMT
    Hi Femmy!

I don't want to worry you too much............BUT,....you do realise that, in Germany, what you are doing (i.e.
    Importing prescription medicines) is actually illegal!If you don't believe me I can recommend a visit to the
    german customs web-site: www.bund.de/c0_reise_und_post
    and once there: Postverkehr-Verbote und Beschränkungen-Arzneimittel-Private einführen.

I only bring this up 'cos I was contemplating shopping with Inhouse as a way around the medical
    bureaucracy here in Germany but I'm not sure that I need the possible legal hassles.

Paß auf dich auf!Grüße,

Lynn Harvey

• 530 posts
    January 6, 2008 3:21 AM GMT
    I would contact them first and get confirmation that everything is legit, and that all fees and duties are paid up front.
    I cannot see customs holding things up, unless the declaration they have made is in any way dubious, and they want to check the drugs are not 'drugs'.
    Most online companies will know the procedures, and everything should proceed smoothly.
    • 1652 posts
    January 6, 2008 5:08 PM GMT
    I’ve found Inhouse to be a very reliable company and never had any problems with them.
    It IS all perfectly legal, I’m not sure why you think “something must be out of place”. For packages with a value over a certain amount (I think it’s £18) you may have to pay import duty. It seems that such packages are not always intercepted by customs, but if they are there will inevitably be a delay while they apply the charges, which you will have to pay to the postman when it is delivered. All this has nothing to with Inhouse and all to do with British Customs and Excise. It’s nothing to be concerned about, and you may be lucky and the package will get through without charges being applied, otherwise it’s not a huge charge, though I can’t remember how much exactly.
    It is illegal to sell female hormone products over the counter in England (which should tell you something about the so-called hormones that “Transformation” sell over the counter), however it is not illegal to import them for your own use, which is why they are sent from abroad.
    It’s all perfectly above board, you have nothing to worry about.
    xx