New member - Hello

• January 7, 2008 2:34 AM GMT
    Hello all I am new to this site. I am 29 years old. I have started full-time MTF on Jan-01-08. I am going to set up appointments for HRT and whatnot on Monday (01-06-08).

My situation is quite unique here...I moved (escaped) from Louisiana with my best friend who is like me but reversed..She's an FTM so we are supporting each other. We both currently live in Helena, Montana. Basically I gave my friend all my clothes and I got hers..I am quite new to all this but I do know it is what I want to do..I have always felt "Uncomfortable" as a male.
    As for the escaping bit..I was forced to be male by parents and society in Louisiana. So when the chance to flee came I took it so I can finally be myself.

I talk to my mother every so often on the phone but I have no plans of ever returning there and I haven't told them about all this and I probably won't either. They have enough to deal with anyways.

On a lighter note I am truly happier this way. I feel more relaxed and my self-esteem is uber boosted now. I am excited about finally starting my transitions without anyone ridiculing me.
    • 23 posts
    January 7, 2008 6:00 AM GMT
    Hey congrats on your transition Peony. There are plenty of girl on this site that can help you cope and give invaluable wisdom. So a very big welcome for sure.

As for myself well, I am a bit different situation. I am kinda between genders not fitting into either category. I might transition to female sometime in life but not at the moment. I am working these things out with my therapist. But, other than that, I live in Chicago and go to school here. I am quite friendly and love to chat so if you need ANYYYYYTHING just ask.

Welcome again
    Summer Sunshine Q
    • 871 posts
    January 7, 2008 5:09 PM GMT
    Hiya, welcome to TW. I am usually in chat havin a bit of fun! usually taking delight in insulting someone hehe - chat is a bit of social fun and can chat about most things and usually there is someone in there to insult. best times are after 9pm UTC. cya Ani x

• 259 posts
    January 8, 2008 12:02 AM GMT
    Welcome Peony, lovely name. Although I have never been to Montana before I heard it is a beautiful place to live.
  • January 8, 2008 8:28 AM GMT
    Actually I have 2 daughters whom I don't see anymore and probably never will again..I am currently in a separation awaiting divorce finalization. She left me after I found out she was cheating on me again.

I really don't know why I got married..probably guilt ridden at the time. All her friends say I was forced via guilt trip into it..I do know this, I was very unhappy the whole time.

Any who I believe my FTM partner in crime will be joining this site soon. BOLO for the names Sean Divine or Ivellious Shadowlord or even Sean Ivellious Long...(He's undecided on names so he changes like socks lol) Any combinations of those name would be him...

Peony is a nickname I go by..Legal name considerations is S'sinyorn Anasta Carnesîr or Rendra Calmcacil Thalos. I have a thing for elven based names and stuff not commonly seen..I am undecided also in this area so I stick to Peony for the time being.

Montana is a pretty place indeed. A bit cold right now but overall very nice and peaceful.

• 374 posts
    January 8, 2008 10:32 AM GMT

Welcome to Trannyweb Peony! I'm sure that you'll make a lot of new friends here and find this community to be the most friendly and supportive place on the Web! Hope to chat with you soon

Hugs & kisses,

Monika

PS: nice pic btw
    • 259 posts
    January 8, 2008 10:44 PM GMT
    Sorry to hear about the separation Peony, I recently went through a divorce. Even though it was a "peaceful" divorce is was still difficult. It was especially difficult for him as he took it really hard when I came out as a lesbian. I feel bad about not "knowing" until after we were married many years but I was so unhappy not being able to be myself. The girls on this site who are my friends now really pulled me through and still do.
  • January 10, 2008 3:22 AM GMT
    Yeah I have a feeling it's going to be peaceful here also...Although i may never see my kids until they are old enough to find me.. I have considered all this and all is ok and accepted as long as they are taken care of..

• 2627 posts
    January 7, 2008 12:48 PM GMT
    Hi Peony & Welcome to Tweb!!!!

• 1980 posts
    January 7, 2008 12:49 PM GMT
    Hi Peony-

Cute name, I like it. Welcome to TW, hon, both you and your friend are welcome here. I'm glad you found us, this is a great place for resources, information, support and friendship. Especially the friendship part. I hope you like it here and decide to stay. Best of luck to both of you on your journeys.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2017 posts
    January 7, 2008 7:21 PM GMT
    Hi Peony and welcome to TW. Your situation is not unfamiliar here, one of my friends on here also has a FTM friend too. There are a number of FTM's on here so you might want to ask your friend to have a look.

As for you, congratulations on your transition, I hope everything goes well for you.

Nikki