Important News about the Girls Weekend 15/16 Feb

• February 7, 2008 11:57 PM GMT
    hi Any i would like the Stake onthe Fri huni >>>>. and will go with the stake and Mushroom pie on the Sat >xxxxx
    • 871 posts
    February 4, 2008 11:09 PM GMT
    Hiya, I rang the hotel today to inform them that there will be 15-20 girls going to dinner on the 15 and 16 feb. He said that is fine but warned, that number would take some time to serve. So we came up with an idea.

The idea is for us to provide a list of what we want to order so they can get it ready beforehand so it will be like sit down at 7pm and eat straight away. If anyone doesnt they could be sitting around for an hour or two and getting a little frustrated.

Which leads to the next problem, Whats on the menu? lol. i can remember a selection of sandwiches, gammon steak, a roast but cant remember the meat, a selection of burgers, a pasta dish and a salmon dish. I believe there is more but cant recall. If anyone else can remember whats on the menu feel free to post it on this thread. Also, you can phone the campanile on 01908 649 819 to find out, in fact i might do that tomorrow and post the list here.

ok, now its for you to decide what you want and post it here. I would appreciate a speedy response, i think by thursday will do so I can sort it out on friday.

Thanks Ani x

• 871 posts
    February 7, 2008 11:46 PM GMT
    hiya,

please find attached the hotel menu. the only thing different is that rib eye steak replaces the rump steak.

as you can appreciate, this exercise is purely to ensure we get served in a timely fashion. please post here the days you are coming to dinner and what meal you would like. if you dont then you might open yourself to disappointment and frustration. it just a matter of practicals in allowing the chef to be orgaised to get the food to the table.

i will be sending the email to the chef on monday morning so you got all weekend to decide. i did say to the chef that i will do the best i can but if anyone doesnt pre-order then its just too bad and they will just have to accept the situation.

thanks very much
    ani xxx

hmm, i am going to be adventurous and have fish pie on the friday and steak and muchroom pie on the saturday. i had gammon every other time and fancy a change lol.
    • 13 posts
    February 8, 2008 6:18 PM GMT
    Hiya Ani

Can I have the Gammon and fried egg for my friday meal. Saturday can I have the fish pie please.

Can I just ask that this time that we can individually pay for our own meal/drinks instead of splitting the bill between the group, since anyone who doesnt drink or only orders a low priced meal ends up paying for others who get expensive meals and drinks, this will also allow most of us to save some cash for our nights out, sorry to be so negative, but we aren't all loaded with surplus cash, and think this would be better.
    I am sure the hotel will supply iced water for those who prefer drinking chilled water at the table as they did last time.

Nicki

p.s. I might be getting to the hotel late Ani due having to goto a meeting in the morning of the 15th

So might need assistance been laced into my corset, all offers would be greatly accepted.

Nicki xx
  • February 8, 2008 8:38 PM GMT
    always happy to help out if am there Nicki
    • 89 posts
    February 8, 2008 10:15 PM GMT
    gammon both days wiht both pineapple and egg.
    • 871 posts
    February 9, 2008 1:38 AM GMT
    just to confirm with Nikki - Every one pays there own bill. This was how it was done last time and seemed to be alot less hastle.
    • 23 posts
    February 9, 2008 3:11 AM GMT
    WooHoo,

Just got the Choo Choo booked, tonight, looking forward to a great night out.
    Hope not to get as pissed as last time, better start off with the

Gamon (egg and Pinaple please!)

thanx Anyfer xxx.
    • 2 posts
    February 9, 2008 3:16 AM GMT
    I would just like a desert (picky eater), i will have the Hot treacle sponge with custard and a cafe latte.
    What time will we be eating ?
    • 13 posts
    February 9, 2008 10:01 AM GMT
    Ani

Please ignore previous meal request, forgot the sauce normally used in the fish pie will have flour added to it to thicken. So please put me doen for Gammon and fried egg both nights with plenty of chips.

hope you get this, before putting up and order list, are you creating a exel spreadsheet with what everyone is having and when, otherwise by the time we get there we might have forgot hehe

Nicki xxxx
    • 171 posts
    February 9, 2008 11:47 AM GMT
    Anyfer

I've just picked up this thread for this first time, and think it's really charming! Isn't the web crazy? Could you have imagined distributing your personally eating habits globally via an ethereal on-line community 20 years ago? Once it was difficult enough to organise getting your milk delivered by a man in a van...

Hope that you all have a great w/e.

Ages ago, I once questioned on this site whether there was such a thing as feminine food or masculine food? At the time I'd recently ordered a Strawberry Millefeuille in a Soho cafe with my wife, and whilst I was eating it she queried 'Are you OK with your masculinity?' She might have had a point, as it was a bit fluffy, crumbly, delicate and pink! Looking at these meal orders, I can't help thinking that there's a lot of meat, it's a pretty butch menu. Without sounding like a more open-minded Gordon Ramsey, perhaps that something to consider the next time? Demand a menu for girls!

Rachel
    • 12 posts
    February 9, 2008 5:04 PM GMT
    Hi Anyfer.

I will be down late on the saturday so I won't be at the meal. See you al in the club though. Please say hi as i'm a bit shy x
    • 26 posts
    February 9, 2008 11:32 PM GMT
    Hi Any,

Friday night can i have :
    Steak, red wine and portobello mushroom pie
    and Saturday :
    Chicken Jalfrezi

tx xx

Debbie
    • 89 posts
    February 10, 2008 9:11 PM GMT
    Gemma wants aa burger friday and the duck confit on the saturday.
    • 871 posts
    February 11, 2008 4:54 PM GMT
    Thanks for all your responses. I have now sent them the list. not to worry if you didnt get chance to add yourself. 14 people out of 27 responded so the kitchen is sorted! it shouldnt be difficult for a few additional orders.

cya ani XXXX - 4 more nights to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!

• 871 posts
    February 12, 2008 8:03 PM GMT
    official responce... I wouldnt let anyone discriminate age.

unofficial responce... If we can put up with a silly ol' bint who is 350 years + I am sure we can put up with you too! lol XXX

PS. everytime i try to phone you're engaged! lol
  • February 13, 2008 6:51 PM GMT
    hi Any huni yo got what i want love if that dont have a stake ???
    • 871 posts
    February 13, 2008 7:32 PM GMT
    i put you down for rump steak lynn
  • February 17, 2008 12:36 PM GMT
    Seems I'm the first person to contribute to this thread since the event took place, so I'll make it a brief one. It was good to meet everyone again, not least because the first night nerves were dispensed, and we could go straight into chatting without those awkward introductions.

Just as importantly, it was good to meet several people for the very first time, such as Tracey, Lynn and Joelle... this little event seems to becoming a bit of a success, thanks to Anyfer's fine organizational skills.

Anyway, apologies for my disappearance quite early in the proceedings - I was tired and probably not in the right mood. Hope you all managed without me... LOL

K
  • February 8, 2008 9:50 PM GMT
    Hi Ani, I will have the rump steak friday and the gammon saturday, can i also have a gorgeous 25 year old girl who is crazzy about me or 2 if ya can spare lol

Hugs Sammi x